1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD 535 in crazy buckeye top/world logo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cirrosis, May 28, 2019.

1. cirrosis

cirrosis Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my MTD 535-24 in mint condition

• Black Limba body

• Exotic buckeye burl top

• Two octave Wenge neck with a Wenge fingerboard board

• Matching peghead and truss rod cover

• MTD World Headstock logo

• Matching wood knobs

• Bartolini pickups and pre-amp (Hi/mid/Lo/ cut and boost EQ with selectable mid)

• Hipshot UltraLite Tuner and B style bridge

• 35” Scale Length

• 19mm string spacing

• Width at nut is 1 ⅞”

• Custom fitted MTD hard case

• Slightly over 9 pounds
    This bass is ultimate and definitely an exhibition show piece. Very comfortable and smooth neck, and currently setup in low action even the back of the body has got some real flavour. Tonal starts from woody/organic end to hifi/modern end. The onboard preamp with 3 band eq is powerful yet very transparent. .

$4,700 shipped CONUS/Canada , Paypal ok, and most likely no trade

Attached Files:

2. BassTank84

BassTank84 Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Sidney, OH 45365
    Dream bass!! Love the wood combo on this.

mb94952 likes this.
  3. I played an MTD 535-24 with a black limba body and wenge neck and it was the best sounding MTD I've ever played. I've never heard another MTD with that same kind of gut level fundamental. In a band mix, ran flat, it was like the voice of God, fortunately though, the brilliant Bartolini/MTD preamp can tame that massive sonic presence if needed, but why would you ever want to do that?

Make no mistake, the black limba and wenge MTDs get it done in any setting where the bass needs to be felt as much as heard.

mb94952, songwriter21 and cirrosis like this.
  4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Wow — That is beautiful!

cirrosis likes this.
  5. cirrosis

cirrosis Supporting Member

May 28, 2008
    here's some test ride clip of the bass, forgive about the playing.

6. Yep, that's the tone man. This is one of the monster MTDs that stands slightly above the others. I mean, yes, all USA made MTD basses are exceptional, though occasionally they build a straight up monster and this is one of them I believe. Clarity with just the right mid spike to slice through the mix ( thx to that sweet wenge) and of course, the strong fundamental that the black limba brings. Plus of course it's absolutely stunning visually.

7. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Nice MTD and great seller!!!