1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MTD 535... SOLD

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jerry J, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've decided that it's time to sell my 535. :crying:

It's such a beautiful bass and sounds incredible. I've just come to the final conclusion that the 35" scale just doesn't work for me after getting my Zon Custom 5.

What can I say about this bass. It originally was ordered and owned by Jonathan Starr, here on TB.com. It's an ash body with a maple burl top. It has a maple neck with a very nice rosewood board. The color is kind of an amber-orange burst.

The bass is as new and shows absolutely no sign of wear. I can take detailed photos if you want.

I'm asking $2250 plus shipping. The ONLY trade would be for a Walter Woods Ultra amp as that's what the proceeds from this bass is for.

2. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    bump

3. That's a great bass, with a really crisp top end great for percussive playing. And it's a beauty.

Aloha,

Jonathan

4. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    PM sent

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    PM sent.

Hi Jonathan, it is a very sweet bass. People go nuts over the top wood on the bass. I will probably really regret selling it.

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    bump

7. zbigniew

zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    This has got to be the most beautiful MTD I've seen so far, and there is a lot of competition :)

I really look forward to playing a MTD some day, but there are really few opportunities here in Iceland, I think there is at least one on the island though.

Z

8. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    zbigniew, thanks for the compliment. ;) I have always gotten more compliments about the looks of this bass than any of my other basses. The photo really doesn't even do it justice.

J.B., I have the MTD Ultra-light. It's a real nice case and about 30 pounds lighter than the hard case I got with my Zon.

9. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump with new price.

$2250 with MTD Ultra light case plus shipping.
    $2200 with new MTD gig bag plus shipping.

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Do you still have the Imperial then? Isn't that a 36 inch scale?

11. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Yes, I still have the Imperial. I don't anticipate that it will be going anywhere. 36" scale is correct. And the obvious answer to the obvious question is that it is a very unique bass an is played utilizing a playing position further up the neck where scale length isn't that much of an issue. :meh:

12. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump.

13. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent

dcr

15. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Reply sent, thanks.

16. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM back to you.

dcrood

17. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump!

18. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    PM Sent.

19. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Reply sent. ;)

20. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Thanks for the offer Joey! As much as I like Keith's work one of the main reasons I'm selling my MTD is the scale length. All of my other basses are based around a 34" scale other than my Fodera Imperial 6.

I plan on using the proceeds from the sell of the MTD to purchase a Walter Woods amp.

Thanks again!