Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD 535... SOLD

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jerry J, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've decided that it's time to sell my 535. :crying:

It's such a beautiful bass and sounds incredible. I've just come to the final conclusion that the 35" scale just doesn't work for me after getting my Zon Custom 5.

What can I say about this bass. It originally was ordered and owned by Jonathan Starr, here on TB.com. It's an ash body with a maple burl top. It has a maple neck with a very nice rosewood board. The color is kind of an amber-orange burst.

The bass is as new and shows absolutely no sign of wear. I can take detailed photos if you want.

I'm asking $2250 plus shipping. The ONLY trade would be for a Walter Woods Ultra amp as that's what the proceeds from this bass is for.

2. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    bump

3. That's a great bass, with a really crisp top end great for percussive playing. And it's a beauty.

Aloha,

Jonathan

4. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    PM sent

5. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    PM sent.

Hi Jonathan, it is a very sweet bass. People go nuts over the top wood on the bass. I will probably really regret selling it.

6. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    bump

7. zbigniew

zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    This has got to be the most beautiful MTD I've seen so far, and there is a lot of competition :)

I really look forward to playing a MTD some day, but there are really few opportunities here in Iceland, I think there is at least one on the island though.

Z

8. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    zbigniew, thanks for the compliment. ;) I have always gotten more compliments about the looks of this bass than any of my other basses. The photo really doesn't even do it justice.

J.B., I have the MTD Ultra-light. It's a real nice case and about 30 pounds lighter than the hard case I got with my Zon.

9. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump with new price.

$2250 with MTD Ultra light case plus shipping.
    $2200 with new MTD gig bag plus shipping.

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Do you still have the Imperial then? Isn't that a 36 inch scale?

11. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Yes, I still have the Imperial. I don't anticipate that it will be going anywhere. 36" scale is correct. And the obvious answer to the obvious question is that it is a very unique bass an is played utilizing a playing position further up the neck where scale length isn't that much of an issue. :meh:

12. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump.

13. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent

dcr

15. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Reply sent, thanks.

16. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM back to you.

dcrood

17. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Bump!

18. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    PM Sent.

19. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Reply sent. ;)

20. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Thanks for the offer Joey! As much as I like Keith's work one of the main reasons I'm selling my MTD is the scale length. All of my other basses are based around a 34" scale other than my Fodera Imperial 6.

I plan on using the proceeds from the sell of the MTD to purchase a Walter Woods amp.

Thanks again!