SOLD MTD 535 - Spalted Maple / Ash / Wenge / Wenge

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lsu921, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    2003 MTD 535 #969. Bass is in excellent condition; no dings/dents on the body or neck. There are a few small dings (pictured) on the headstock. The finish has started to wear off a few of the bridge saddles (also pictured). Bass will ship in an MTD Zero G case.

$2900 shipped in the CONUS. Only two trades considered: MTD 535 (Ash/Walnut/Ash/Maple) or the right Zon Sonus 5.

DSCN2155.gif
    DSCN2162.gif
    DSCN2157.gif
    DSCN2159.gif
    DSCN2163.gif
    DSCN2162.gif
    DSCN2166.gif
    DSCN2161.gif
    DSCN2164.gif

2. Do you know the cause of the dings? Any structural issues or cracks? Thanks. Weight of the bass?

3. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Dings were there when I got it, so I can't say for sure. No structural issues or cracks. No scale at home, but it's 9.5'ish.

4. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Bump for an awesome TB'er to deal with and a very nice looking MTD 535!

For what's it worth, wenge has a very open grain. Some more than others. What I see in the pic's appears to be nothing more than open pores in the grain of the wenge. Just a characteristic of the wenge wood.

5. JoelFT

JoelFT

Nov 12, 2011
    Newnan, GA
    I agree with Joe. Those look like the grain of the wood and not dings at all.

Also, that top looks killer! It looks like a cross between spalt and tulip wood.

6. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Here's a better headstock picture. The line you see is the open grain of the wenge and not a crack. That's also a wenge headstock laminate and not the actual neck. The picture makes it look much larger than it is, but I would rather do that than the alternative. Responding to PMs now. Thanks everyone.

DSCN2179.gif

7. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Sold

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.