1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD 535

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassicg, Feb 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Price:
    $2950
    Strings:
    Here's a remarkable MTD 535 for your consideration. This is a really nice instrument of which I purchased just this past December. I've got a Fodera coming by end of March and need to unload a couple basses in order to get it. Here's the original thread. After receiving the bass I called up Mike and had brand new pre amp installed!...Ouch!! Needless to say, the bass is absolute KILLER!! I have been trying to get around selling it, but I was originally supposed to receive the Fodera this month and unfortunately was unable to produce the funds. Thankfully my seller is flexible enough to extend things out to end of March as he must pay off a custom build by then. Nevertheless, I'm asking what I paid for the bass along with what I've put into it. Buyer to pay actual shipping expenses. Thank you!

SOLD - MTD 535 #803 $2600 shipped

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    eddiebo, bigbassdaddy and Latinbass like this.
  2. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    More pics

Attached Files:

MrLenny1 and eddiebo like this.
  3. skb5string

skb5string Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Clinton Township, MI
    Hmmm...What kind of case does it come with?

4. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Bass ships in brand new Road Runner gig bag.

skb5string likes this.
  5. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    I actually purchased it without a bag.

skb5string likes this.
  6. guns5

guns5

Oct 11, 2009
    In fact,the early amps for 535 are different with present ones.It cannot be perfectly replaced.Did you do it yourself?How's the handicraft? Also did the original case lost as well?

7. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    guns5, I don’t know where you got your information from however, I called Michael Tobias myself to tell him about this bass when I purchased it. I have been accustomed to talking with Mike as I had his Norm Stockton Signature Saratoga before I got this 535. After receiving the said Stockton, I sent it to him for a set up and going over simply because I did not want anyone else to touch it! I felt the same with this bass as well. I was already super impressed wth this bass and actually perfered it over the Stockton and communicated this to him. Michael Tobias himself who told me that a new preamp would sound even better, I told him I would like to send him the bass to do the work. Mike then told me that if I had a qualified technician it would be smarter to just have him do the work. From there I explained to Mr. Tobias that I am very meticulous about my instruments which he knows from previous business conducted with him. Respecting Mr. Tobias’s opinion I had my tech who is an extremely meticulous professional himself, give Mike a call. After their conversation Mike called me back assuring me that I had the right guy. Mr. Tobias said nothing regarding any issues pertaining to change in the preamp. As a matter of fact one big thing that I noticed is that the new preamp cuts through the mix a lot better than the old and the bass sounds absolutely phenomenal! I am 200% elated for taking Mr. Tobias’s advice!! Again I don’t know where you got your information but I’m definitely going to be calling Mike to discuss this matter with him. Also, you ask me “Did the original case get lost as well?”! I ask you, where in this thread did you read anything about anything getting lost??? I clearly stated the fact that I purchased the bass WITHOUT. If you want to confirm what I’m saying then I invite you to confirm with the gentleman of whom I purchased the bass from in December. Again, I purchased the bass with no case or bag! UPDATE: I just got off of the phone with Michael Tobias himself and he confirmed that there is no issues as a matter fact he will explained to me why my bass sound better now than it did before! He says that over the years they have been using better components in the preamp and making subtle changes and that’s why it sounds better than it did before! Once again these are the words of Michael Tobias himself!!!...And they were just spoke in moments prior to me typing this! guns5... you should really get all of your resources and information together before you make negative post in anyones thread including your own!! I’ts not appreciated here! Talk bass is a privilege and it’s a great place for us to communicate musically. You must be careful because many read what is written! The things you said in this thread are not only offensive to me but also to Michael Tobias who is a great luthier as well as anyone else who may read it and take your miss information as fact. This may very well have a negative effect on their decision-making when it is time for them to make a purchase. Again if you or anyone else have any questions about the bass you may refer to the resources that I have provided and that would be Michael Tobias himself and the gentleman from whom I purchased the bass from in December.

skb5string likes this.
  8. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Wow! Nice bass.

bassicg likes this.
  9. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Nice bass

bassicg likes this.
  10. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Thanks guys! But please don't remind me as I truly hate the thought of letting it go....☺

11. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Great guy to deal with folks and great bass here.

bassicg likes this.
  12. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Thank you kindly! I hope all is well!

campbems likes this.
  13. guns5

guns5

Oct 11, 2009
    I got your point, but I wonder if next time you could give us all the information about the product for that we can avoid to make similar comments.

14. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Do you have a weight?

15. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Haven't weighed it. My money says it's not even 9 lbs!! Think I'll take it to the UPS store around the corner tomorrow. I'm sure they wouldn't mind throwing it on the scale for me. If it weighs in at 9 pounds or more I'll eat my hat.;)

16. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    ...but again, hats aren't exactly my preferred cuisine. :D
    20180228_165550.jpg

17. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    ...and GONE!

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021