Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    looking to trade the mtd 535 that was repaired.

im just looking for a trade really. stingray, sterling,spector, old p or jazz bass.amps, cabs

what do you have...straight,up,down,whatever what work out a deal...

will have pics asap

thanks
    steve

e-mail moparpunk281@yahoo.com

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    didi you ever get pics or let gard check it out?

3. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Jon - like I predicted, he was conveniently unable to make it to Gard's so Gard could tell us that the bass is a piece of work.

Moparpunk, be sure to include a close-up pic of the back of the neck at the headstock where it's all splintered up...

Beware of this "ran over by a car" bass with top replaced by his friend the "luthier"!

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i take it you have seen it?

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I asked for closeup pics months ago and never got them.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    yeah i know..i took it off the market,,but i decide to put it back on...im trying to get my camera to work now...and my band has been practicing everyday...recording last week and this week and weeks to come..planning touring next summer..lots o stuff goin on

it just beeps when you push the button...any guesses? it isn't full..the display won't come either..

i didn't put new new batterys in it..ill stop by and get some new bateries and see what happens

7. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    Hey this is Keith. I sold you the bass. How did it turn out? Here are some before pics.

8. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I just saw the before pics, what happened???:eek: :eek: did someone bash this like they do guitars at the end of a performance:meh:

9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    thanks keith i couln't find those anymore...i e-mailed you pics..atleast i thought i did..i love it i just want a 4 stringer...so maybe ill have a 4 string..thanks again

now im looking for the camera..stupid brother

steve

10. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    You had a pic with the new top at one point...can you find that one? It definitely didn't look too bad, but I have to seriously wonder how this bass is in spite of Mike Tobias' wonderful craftsmanship. Getting run over by car certainly would have to take it's toll...

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    [​IMG]

it has more yellow to it..but if you look close you can see the lines around the knob area.

i couldn't get my camera to work. so im goin to see if i can borrow a friends

thanks
    steve

12. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    And, still no pics....unless, of course, the bass now looks like a little red 'x' in a white box.

Oh, and I really don't think Carlos Santana smashed an SG against the wall to justify a new one to his band.

13. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it shows up for me...

let me see what i can do

thats just something i saw..i wasn't there.

the sg wouldn't stay in tune..atleast thats what they heard

steve

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    here is the only one i have so far
    deal pending

steve

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    right back at ya :)