1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MTD 634-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Nofrettin, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nofrettin

Nofrettin Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Price:
    Strings:
    Back on the block, selling my US handmade MTD 634, built in 2008.

It has a black limba body with a myrtle burl top. The neck is maple with an ebony fingerboard, and the Buzz Feiten tuning system.

The bass is 34" scale, with 24 frets, 17mm spacing. The pickups and electronics are custom from Bartolini, with active single coil pickups. The width at the nut is 2", and width at the 24th fret is 3.25". Weight is 10.7 lbs.

This bass was one of the first batch of three 34" scale basses that Michael made for his MTD line.

It's got a few dings and some playing wear that you can find if you look closely, but overall it's in great shape, 8.5/10.

No trades, thanks.

Price is US $ shipped to the lower 48, Canadian buyers get in touch and we can work out a discount for shipping.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2151.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    KUETSUM, gkbass13, Tjazz5 and 5 others like this.
  2. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    This is beautiful. Incredibly tempting w/the 34" scale and narrower 17mm spacing...

Nofrettin likes this.
  3. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    Are the pickups different on this one?

4. Nofrettin

Jan 18, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Yes, they are active single coil Bartolinis. So in some senses this is probably closer to a J Bass, with the MTD clarity and articulation.
    I prefer these to the humbuckers.

timtyler8821 likes this.
  5. poyeeyancy

poyeeyancy

Feb 5, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Gorgeous bass!!!

Nofrettin likes this.
  6. satchelbaglio

satchelbaglio Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Richmond, B.C.
    Awesome looking bass Matt.
    Love to try it if your ever out in sunny Steveston. We could hook it up through the berg nv 212t and the mesa prodigy.:thumbsup: GLWS

Nofrettin likes this.
  7. I can't speak for the pickups as my 634-24 17mm have the Super setup, but this configuration feels SO GOOD. As comfortable as they are, Mike's standard 18mm spread over 6 strings AND a 35" scale taxed my hands too much (small hand problems), but this configuration makes playing 6ers so comfy and grabbing chords much more manageable. Bump for an awesome rare config.

Nofrettin likes this.
  8. Nofrettin

Jan 18, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thanks for commenting! Totally agree, this is by far the most comfortable 6’er I’ve played.