1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale MTD 635-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jan 12, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling a beautiful 2007 MTD 635-24 in fantastic shape This bass is beautiful to look at and a pleasure to play (as are all MTD's imo). I bought this off a bass player friend of mine in Toronto and was considering giving the 6 string a go. That said, it took me very little time to realize I ain't up for it and don't really have a need for that C string. I had a feeling that would be the result but it is so beautiful that I wanted it either way.

There is some minor finish wear on the bridge as well as a couple very small and minor indents below the bridge (both of which can be seen in the photos), other than that it is VERY clean.

Anyhooo...I am now selling it. Specs are below.

Crotch Walnut top
    Ash body
    Ash neck (MTD ash necks are the best and everyone owes it to themselves to try one)
    Maple 24 fret board (with some light figuring)
    Bookmatched control knobs
    Weighs just under 10lbs according to my bathroom scale but feels lighter and balances beautifully of course.
    Matching Head Stock
    Matching Truss Cover

Selling for $3750 shipped in North American in the OHSC. I am not really looking for trades but may consider trades for 5 string active basses that net me a bunch of cash. Ideally it will be a straight sale though.

Attached Files:

2. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    Man, I have to think about this one. This is a great bass.

RussT likes this.
  3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    It really is. If I could handle the C string there is no way it would be moving.

timtyler8821 likes this.
  4. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    I hear you there

5. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

FWIW, you have it listed in the 5-string category -- it might not show up in a search.

Really nice bass!!

6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Thanks. I am so used to selling 5 strings. Corrected!