SOLD MTD Andrew Gouche 6 String Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RoDerrick Gaston, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Michael Tobias and legendary bassist Andrew Gouche worked together to create the MTD Kingston AG, an amazing bass with many custom features that were personally selected by Andrew himself. This bass is fully loaded with a 35" scale, alder body with maple burl top and one-piece neck, MTD quick release bridge and Bartolini pickups and active Bartolini 3-band preamp. With its smooth playability and mind altering tones this bass will change the way you think about the instrument. Available in a custom finish created to perfectly blend with the fingerboard.

In Michael Tobias's own words, "This is a sweet sounding bass."

An amazing 6-string made to the exact specifications of Michael Tobias and bass legend Andrew Gouche.

FEATURES
    • 35" scale
    • 24 medium jumbo frets
    • One-piece neck with satin polyester finish
    • Alder body with Maple Burl top
    • MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm) spacing
    • Double-action truss rod
    • Purpleheart fingerboard
    • Five controls:volume (with push/pull preamp bypass), blend, treble
    • control, mid control (with push/pull mid shift: 250Hz - 800Hz.) and bass control
    • Bartolini pickups and active Bartolini 3-band preamp
    • Shielded electronics compartment
    • Buzz Feiten Tuning System
    I tried to take as many photos of the dings that this bass has. ALL of the dings were there when I purchased this bass used. Even though that sounds like bologna (buh-low-nee) it's the truth, lol. I DO NOT want to sell this bass but I need the cash, unfortunately. SMH. This bass plays like hot butter on the sidewalk during a summer day in Texas in mid July! The bartolini pickups paired with the purple heart fingerboard sound like heaven paired together. I already know that it's going to be difficult to sell this bass because I have no user or customer ratings but I assure you that I'm no robot, thief or whatever lol. I'm on FaceBook. I'm on Youtube (not playing this bass though.) I have a few videos on Instagram playing this bass and I can send the link via Talkbass or email. I'd just have to go through the laptop to copy the link which takes forever, lol. But to make anyone feel at ease before purchasing I will do so! God bless you all and let me know if there is anything that I can do!

Attached Files:

2. What took you so long to get here haha! I've been here over ten years and have only I sales rating cause I never sell my stuff. I've been jonesing for a 5ver one of these. GLWTS (good luck with the sale)

3. Tewest86

Tewest86

Sep 7, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    I see you made it. Welcome to TB.

4. Thank you for the welcome, Tewest86!

5. HAHA! I've always came to Talkbass in the past to see if people are comparing preamps, amps, basses etc. I just recently had some friends of mine here in Detroit tell me that some peeps here really dig the Andrew Gouche MTD 6 string so I took a chance at joining. You guys seem really cool and welcoming already! Thanks, Kirk!

6. You'll soon succumb to the dreaded GAS, gear acquisition syndrome, there is no escape, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile!

7. Trust me, Kirk. I'm there, dude! Been there, lol. I've had about 3 MTD basses since last year so that's why I HATE to give this one up lol.

8. LadyLoveStingRay5

LadyLoveStingRay5

Jul 17, 2004
    These are great basses. Quite underrated in my opinion. I really enjoy my AG5.
    Sounds just like the USA models.

9. swheele1

swheele1

Jul 28, 2010
    Hi,
    Can you send a link to your videos playing this bass? Any problems with the electronics?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022