Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Beast Upgraded (Trade Bait)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Danny R., Jun 23, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

MTD "The Beast" 5 strings bass in excellent condition, for trade and maybe for sale, I got this bass from a pitter, this is really a great bass, he had Mike lull to install a Aguilar OBP-3 preamp (super sweet :D ) , the neck pickup is a Bill Lawrence J-45 noiseless single coil, the bridge pickup is a Dimarzio Ultra Jazz 5 (great combo) there's a separate battery box on the back (for 2 batteries) the control cavity is fully shielded and it has a new roller bridge (19mm string spacing) all done by Mike Lull, note that the control layout matches a 535 (Separate Treble, Mid and Bass controls, Volume and Blend. The volume pot is push/pull, pull up for passive bypass. The switch controls the mids frequency, two positions either 400Hz or 800Hz) Black hardware with Dunlop straplocks, this bass is really great and the B string is killer, I'm interested in any good 4 or 5 strings bass, this bass is great but I got my sound covered with my new Warwick Thumb 5 and I'm always happy when I hear the word trade.
    Feel free to email me at bassguru79@yahoo.com or PM with any offer or question, thanks for looking.
    Danny.

[​IMG]

2. Danny R.

Back :ninja:

[​IMG]

3. Danny R.

Full shot :ninja:

[​IMG]

4. Danny R.

headstock :ninja:

[​IMG]

5. Danny R.

Bumpo, Señor Max Val. I tried to reply to your mails, but all I get is "unable to deliver message" try again with a different mail address please ;)

By the way, where's Osama_spears? the official Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: For Sale forum thread bumper :ninja:

6. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    If only it was a nicer color :ninja:

7. Danny R.

Did you know that white is the new black, or was it green... I like the color, pearl white, it matches my tux.

8. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

yes that damn e-mail server is on the fritz........
    sorry
    try to reach me at
    ekstasis1@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Senor Max

9. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    email me ,thanx.

10. Danny R.

Señor Doug, you've got a PM :ninja:

11. Danny R.

Bump :ninja:

12. Danny R.

13. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    You have PM.

14. Danny R.

15. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    what's the body wood?
    thanks.

16. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    You could have the MM back for this one:)

Dan

17. Danny R.

The body is made of basswood, the neck is eastern hard rock maple with rosewood fretboard.

I'd like to get it back, but I'm getting a MM V in a few months:)

18. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I found an original Beast ad that says the body is Poplar, and the fingerboard is Wenge. The neck is also shown to be hard rock maple as you said.

I'm pretty sure that fingerboard is Wenge, but I have no idea on the body (is Poplar the same or similar to Basswood?).

Aren't all basses made out of some type of 'basswood'?? :D

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    The MTD Beasts were poplar- basswood is something else- in fact , a less expensive wood-
    poplar is often called domestic Tulipwood- Mike' US basses often are made of poplar- my favorite sounding MTD 535's were always poplar-
    the fingerboard must be wenge-
    they were not offered in rosewood- at any rate , wenge and poplar are usually more expensive and desirable than basswood and rosewood-
    the new Saratogas look identical , ,but they are basswood and rosewood- maybe thats the confusion

20. Danny R.

Thanks for the info guys ;)