1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD GAS Alert!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobBass, Nov 29, 2006.

1. i really want a MTD.I'm in Ireland and that's the problem :crying::crying: .
    You see,not many decent-priced basses come here.
    So what I am asking is does any European music website sell MTDs?:help:

2. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
  3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    With UK prices, given that they already are expensive basses, you might wanna get a used one from the USA in good condition and pay the import taxes yourself...

4. Man I suddenly have that MTD GAS attack as well. Im just wondering if its worth it to sell my Ken Smith 6 in order to get one. I was just about to upgrade the smith with the 18volt system with the two parallel switches too, now I may put that money towards an MTD

5. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    I would say try some out first. There are so many wood combinations and they really dramatically alter the overall tone of the bass. I love my 535, and would take it over a Ken Smith any day. Although I have not played a 635, but I would imagine that they are pretty sweet. Both are great basses. But before making the commitment try some out.

6. I have I tried one similar to this in a 5 string. It was a slap machine.

535_FLAMREDWOOD_tn.

7. the MTD site only lets me go the UK....say hello to the newest customer of MF.Only way I know of bringing it to this country.

8. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL

1+1+1+1+ (highly recommend before plunking down that money).

9. i have heard many sound clips and I know a professional bass player (got his MTD in the US) and it sounded like a million bucks.
    I am willing to see what MF have to offer me.

10. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Send me a private message with you email and I'll send you some pics and link you up with the guy.

BTW, I don't know him at all, I'm 500 miles and a border crossing away, so if you do a deal, you're on your own. But he sounds to me (via email) like a nice, legit kind of guy. And the bass is beautiful; I asked Mr. Tobias about it and he verified it's authenticity and ownership.

Andyway, get back to me if you want - he's asking $2800.00 us, which seems a bit high, but the bass appears absolutely flawless.

Cheers,
    Cameron

PS: If the deal goes through, you gotta ship me a keg 'o' Guiness. And none of this old ****, man, I want it straight from the brewery.

:hyper:

11. PS: If the deal goes through, you gotta ship me a keg 'o' Guiness. And none of this old ****, man, I want it straight from the brewery.

:hyper:[/QUOTE]

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?? :eek: :eek: the old guinness is the BEST guinness!!!! :D :D :D

i ain't paying mr.Tobias $2,800 for a bass.just a kingston ($450-500),thank you.