Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Grendal Series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan2000, Dec 30, 2001.

1. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Hey guys, I recently heard some recordings of a MTD Grendal 5-string, and they are awesome bass guitars! Me and Adrian are wondering why isn't that bass more popular, or is it just us?

2. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Put me in the list:D

3. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Anyone here want to sell MTD G5?
    Just PM me :cool:

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    tmt -
    THAT IS THE BADDEST SITE I THINK IVE EVER BEEN TO!!!
    what great design!!! how do i get you to do my site??
    absolutely fine!!! congratulations!!!!!

5. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Well it's easy, just contact me ;)

Ok, back to the topic again, I've contact Michael Tobias himself and consult which type bass is the best for me, and he reccommended the Grendal 5. When I hear the tone, he is absolutely right!!!.
    Imagine, It's not every day to meet somebody genious like MT.

I would reccommend this bass to all Bass player, who's looking for a 5 Strings killer bass.

BTW. thanks for the compliment. :D

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    ive been singing the praises of the Grendel series for a while- they sound absolutely phenomenal- i especially dig the wenge boards- they are grear slappers, and the bartolini pre is very useful- for some reason, they didnt make a huge stir- maybe it was the price point. But the are very solid- Czech construction is very good- a bit more solid than the korean basses- though having said that, im blown away by the quality and price of some new models.. the Kingstons, the Skylines and the Conklin Groove Tools come to mind....i have to say, inmy home studio protools setup.. the Grendel is one of the easiest basses to track- dont need very much eqing at the board at all- my site.. www.access-bass.com, opens with a loop of my Grendel 5- no eq at all on the board- all the samples on my site are un-eq'ed- the Grendel has tons of presence

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    trnt.. i must agree that site is pretty tasty.. I thnk MTD basses are fabulous... some of the finest around.. now if someone would just give me one :)

8. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Adrian has make an excellent examples of MTD G5 tones. Go to his site, he makes other samples of MTD as well.

I must admit it, G5 tones has proven quality like an alembic and more it's affordable !!!.
    ;)

9. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Cool! tmt is that the grendel on your site?!?!

10. tmt

tmt

Nov 10, 2001
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    No, it's the Fender Jazz Bass.

I'm getting one the grendal, it will be my primary 5 strings.

:p