Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Grendel and Beast fours

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by adrian garcia, Dec 4, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I am offering a couple of BRAND NEW MTD Grendel and beast basses-
    the Grendel is $700 ( original list $1899)
    and the Beast is $500 ( original list $999)
    email me for pics and further info-

2. I'd be interested in a Beast 5 Fretless if you can get them. I know they aren't made anymore and are tough to find.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    no fives left , sorry- the Beast would make a GREAT fretless and i seriously considered takingthe las one since it was a nice black- but defretting is tricky because of the zero fret-
    i tried to email you but there is no link- just want you to know that i can get you a Kingston 5 fretless ( sweet!) for $439

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i do have a grendel 5 fretted wenge board- 3 tone burst- $750

5. I've currently got a Tobias Killer B 5-string and an MTD Beast 5, both fretted. I might trade the Beast for the Grendel (can you send me a pic? - isakoff@cox.net) I also have a Carvin B5 that I will probably get a fretless neck for.

I may or may not want to go for a Kingston, but I think I want to play one first since it's Korean-made. I'm going to have to find one down here in O. C.

I know Mike Tobias has expressed his pleasure with the Korean factory, but you just don't always know what you're getting. I say this because I had a '98 Cort Curbow 4 (which I bought used) that had a bowed neck and a loose tuning peg that wound up cracking the head stock when I tightened it, and in reading some reviews at Harmony Central, I wasn't the only one with problems. I'm very happy with the 5 which I got from Greg Curbow directly and it seems to be made a lot better.

Well enough rambling! Send me a pic - I might just want to work a trade with you.:cool:

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm interested in the Beast, drop me a PM though, there's some details we'd need to work out.
    Thanks,
    Ray