MTD Grendel and Beast fours

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by adrian garcia, Dec 4, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I am offering a couple of BRAND NEW MTD Grendel and beast basses-
    the Grendel is $700 ( original list $1899)
    and the Beast is $500 ( original list $999)
    email me for pics and further info-

2. I'd be interested in a Beast 5 Fretless if you can get them. I know they aren't made anymore and are tough to find.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    no fives left , sorry- the Beast would make a GREAT fretless and i seriously considered takingthe las one since it was a nice black- but defretting is tricky because of the zero fret-
    i tried to email you but there is no link- just want you to know that i can get you a Kingston 5 fretless ( sweet!) for $439

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i do have a grendel 5 fretted wenge board- 3 tone burst- $750

5. I've currently got a Tobias Killer B 5-string and an MTD Beast 5, both fretted. I might trade the Beast for the Grendel (can you send me a pic? - isakoff@cox.net) I also have a Carvin B5 that I will probably get a fretless neck for.

I may or may not want to go for a Kingston, but I think I want to play one first since it's Korean-made. I'm going to have to find one down here in O. C.

I know Mike Tobias has expressed his pleasure with the Korean factory, but you just don't always know what you're getting. I say this because I had a '98 Cort Curbow 4 (which I bought used) that had a bowed neck and a loose tuning peg that wound up cracking the head stock when I tightened it, and in reading some reviews at Harmony Central, I wasn't the only one with problems. I'm very happy with the 5 which I got from Greg Curbow directly and it seems to be made a lot better.

Well enough rambling! Send me a pic - I might just want to work a trade with you.:cool:

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm interested in the Beast, drop me a PM though, there's some details we'd need to work out.
    Thanks,
    Ray