MTD Heir 5 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the_faceless666, Aug 3, 2003.

1. the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    Hi everyone, I'd like to know if this bass is good for the price.
    I would take it fretless because I want this MWAHHH sound that can't be achieved with frets. Is it a pro level bass, does it sing well, and is it a good main axe?
    Thanks to all answers, because I may not be able to try it before buying it.
  2. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    it's a pro level instrument IMO.
    as for being a good main axe, probably would depend on what kind of music you play... if you play fretless as your main axe, i'm assuming you play jazz... should work well~

do a search for mtd heir in "ask mike dimin" forum
    mike endorses MTD and raves about the heir/kingston basses.
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm not sure that the Heir is available as a fretless. I think that its only the Kingston that can be ordered without frets.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would never buy any bass without trying it extensively beforehand!!
  5. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i believe that the heir will be available this fall is a fretless model. the heir is a really nice bass, but you should go try one first...

6. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, the kingston is an awesome bass...i can't imagine a j pickup in the neck position would make it anything but better. check one out.
  7. the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    But isn't there a way I could buy it with a 30 days guarranty or something like that. Because I live in a pretty small city in Quebec (Canada), and I don't think anyone here has MTD basses.