1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MTD Heir 5 fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the_faceless666, Aug 3, 2003.

1. the_faceless666

the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    Canada
    Hi everyone, I'd like to know if this bass is good for the price.
    I would take it fretless because I want this MWAHHH sound that can't be achieved with frets. Is it a pro level bass, does it sing well, and is it a good main axe?
    Thanks to all answers, because I may not be able to try it before buying it.

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    it's a pro level instrument IMO.
    as for being a good main axe, probably would depend on what kind of music you play... if you play fretless as your main axe, i'm assuming you play jazz... should work well~

do a search for mtd heir in "ask mike dimin" forum
    mike endorses MTD and raves about the heir/kingston basses.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    I'm not sure that the Heir is available as a fretless. I think that its only the Kingston that can be ordered without frets.

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would never buy any bass without trying it extensively beforehand!!

5. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    i believe that the heir will be available this fall is a fretless model. the heir is a really nice bass, but you should go try one first...

jdkh

6. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, the kingston is an awesome bass...i can't imagine a j pickup in the neck position would make it anything but better. check one out.

7. the_faceless666

the_faceless666

Mar 3, 2003
    Canada
    But isn't there a way I could buy it with a 30 days guarranty or something like that. Because I live in a pretty small city in Quebec (Canada), and I don't think anyone here has MTD basses.