MTD HEIR 5; Near mint -F/S F/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by igroove4god, Oct 15, 2004.

1. igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    This fretted 5 string NAMM bass is the new model with active electronics & no pickguard. Comfy, asymetrical neck (1 3/4"@neck and 3 1/8"@bridge) but just a little too wide for my hands. The top is gorgeous with a matching headstock. Comes with mint MTD embroidered gig-case. I am in Hawaii (zip 96766) and am looking to trade for a similar fretted 5 string (Warwick, Peavey Cirrus, Yamaha) or sell outright for $600 plus shipping. You will love this bass. Lemme know what you got. I can email you more detailed pics. Aloha & God Bless!
  2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    wow...thats a real nice lookin bass. hope somebody snatches this up - thats a great price!
  3. igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Thanks Matt. It is a great bassfor the price.
  4. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
  5. asonepraise

Aug 20, 2004
    What kind of price would you give a full time worship pastor in California? Can you tell me more about the whole zero fret. Does it make the bass any longer or different from other 35' scale instruments?
  6. igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Aloha asonepraise!

Greetings from Hawaii. On an instrument with a "zero fret", the traditional slotted nut still controls the strings spacing but the zero fret (which is actually fret wire) now controls the height of the strings above the frets. The strings will lay directly on the zero fret and string height will be adjusted by filing or replacing the zero fret instead of cutting the slots in the nut deeper.
    On instruments with zero frets the scale length is measured from the zero fret to the saddle as opposed to the nut to saddle.

This bass is so near mint, that I must keep the price of $600 plus shipping firm. Thanks for your consideration.

frank <><
  7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I'll augment this by saying that when you have a zero fret, it holds the strings at the perfect height, so there is no need to raise or lower, readjust, etc.
  8. I also think it is supposed to make the open strings sound closer in tone to fretted notes.
  9. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
  10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    just curious, but don't these basses usually have three knobs? Makes me wonder what preamp's in it the normal one or something special?
  11. igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Hey Dr. Phunky;

This is the new model with master vol, blend, bass, mid and treble knobs. I believe that the preamp is a 9 volt stock Heir but not positive. I will try to research it. Thanks.
  12. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Nah. Don't go to any trouble on my account. I was just idly curious.

13. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent.

14. igroove4god

Oct 27, 2003
    Thanks for everything, forum. The bass is SOLD.