1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD Heir vs USA Peavey Millennium

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Both have the J/MM style pickups. If you had a choice between the two which would you choose and why?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Currently, I would choose neither since I am playing a Cort and Skyline, but if I had to choose, it would be the MTD because of the neck and wider string spacing.

3. I have never played either, but I have heard both and I like the sound of the millennium better. I have also read that the build quality on the Millennium is better. Take that with a grain a salt because I have never played either.

lowsound

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You're correct in that the Millennium was originally a much expensive bass than the Heir, and is much better made with better electronics. I chose Heir simply because unless the bass is a Cirrus or Ken Smith, I really want 19mm string spacing.