MTD Heir

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by Zaccoon, May 5, 2002.

1. Zaccoon

Zaccoon Guest

May 5, 2002
    Marion, VA
    Hey Mike,
    This is Zack Hall. Last year at NGW I asked about which bass I should buy to replace my Squier. You recommended the MTD Kingston. I looked into it and did some research and by christmas I knew exactly what I wanted, an MTD heir 4. I would just like to say thanks for steering me in the right direction. This bass is one of the best if not the best bass I have ever played.
    Thanks to your help at NGW, my bass playing has drastically improved. I am currently in a band made up of just 2 bass players, Joseph (the guy that asked you how to improve his tone) and myself. We are called "The Ba-Dinks", which is the description of the sound made by a slap-pop octave skip.
    I am going to NGW Aug. 5-11 (Jazz Summit Week) which is, as I understand, the week after you'll be there. Thanks for all the help you've given me and especially for steering me in the right direction in choosing a bass.
  2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them. I passed your feelings for the MTD onto Michael Tobias and he was pretty happy about it as well. I am sorry that I won't be at NGW the week you will be. I could only teach one week this year and chose the blues week. That week was a blast last year compared to jazz week which was REALLY laid back. I think, though, it was not due to the music or the people but due TOTALLY to the weather. Blues week was cool and refreshing, jazz week was like 98 all week. Is Joe going to NGW as well? Please keep in touch.