Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD in DC/B'more metro area (BRAD!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Aug 2, 2001.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Does anyone know of any stores that carry MTD in the DC metro area, or baltimore... maybe Richmond. I want to check them out... especially the Kingston, the body looks way too small for me, but i've only heard good things otherwise

Thank you

2. elwood

elwood there is no spoo

Jul 25, 2001
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Action Music in Arlington is listed as a Kingston dealer. Next closest appears to be AL&M in Norfolk, but that's a couple hours from the DC area. You can find the contact information on the MTD website. You also may want to check with PJR Sales and see if they plan to carry the Kingston since the Grendel line is on the way out.

Link:
    http://www.mtdbass.com/html/dealers.htm

elwood

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I spoke to Action today, they had one Kingston in a few months ago and will order one but are not stocking them. I still can't believe there are no Md dealers for them. That's pretty silly for something this hot.

I tried PJR but it's telling me it's a long distance call and it's well within my local area. Strange

4. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    forgive my ignorance ... but what is PJR?

I saw the one action had... but I was in a hurry at the time... and didn't get to play it.

5. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Actually it's "who" is PJR? PJR is PJ Rubal, who used to run the guitar dept. at Venemans in Rockville, Md. Good guy. His phone # is 703 279-8075

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's about as strange as the fact that you can't find Elricks for sale in any shop within 100 miles of where they're made...in Chicago!:mad:

7. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I think that beats PJ's odd phone number by a mile;)

How could Rob's basses not be available there?...if not through a store then direct. I don't get that at all. Then again, maybe Chicago bassists want something "imported" from the left coast or New York City:D