MTD Kingston 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by raycer, Jan 13, 2005.

1. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Are they pretty good??

They have a used one at the music shop, and I was wondering if they are of decent quality. It's has a nice black sparkle finish
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, great band for the buck. What are they asking?

Pstt, you live near me. Im in Dutchess County.
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I hope so. I'm gassing for a Kingston 5'er.
  4. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    They are asking $299 with a gig bag IIRC. New they should be around $450-500 I think

I'm on the other side of Orange Figjam, near Port Jervis, about 1 hour or so from you I figure :)

I'd love a 5er as well, but if I could get the 4 for a good price, I could live with it :)

Do they get close to a EBMM sound?
  5. Thats a hell of a deal form what i've heard. From my limited experience with MTD I say give it a whirl. Pssst, I'm un Ulster County
  6. raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    LOL, all the locals are coming out now :)

I'm going to take a good look/try out tomorrow or Saturday and see.
  7. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I have a K4 and love it. Great slapper, cuts through the mix, and light. The stock passive pup is good and responsive to playing style....also easy to upgrade with new pup/pre-amp (which I did with Barts).

$299 is a good price...also check had a good sale on these recently (I just picked up a K5 for $349)

8. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I'm waiting for the Fretless 5'er I just bought on Ebay for $350. It's the first fretless and the first 5 I've ever had. I've heard some impressive sound clips of Kingstons so I'd say go for it if it's a good price.

Take a look at the Heir models as well. I hear they're quality.