1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD Kingston 5 string $630

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Andy_D, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
  2. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Curses, why did I just pay my rent?

3. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Waiting on my price match quote.

4. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I decided to get a quote, just for fun - it was the first time I've tried to use that feature on the site and I'm not sure if it worked. The form popped up, I filled in the information, and after hitting send I expected the window to close but it just sat there. Progress bar said the information had been sent... hopefully I didn't just put in a dozen price match requests.

5. mtripper

mtripper

Feb 8, 2009
    they just changed the price back up to normal as I was looking at it :(

6. I just hit that link above and now the price is $598.15!

7. mtripper

mtripper

Feb 8, 2009
    Man, I just went and looked and it's already back to 1189. Is it maybe something with my browser, can you check again?

8. I just checked again and it is at $1,189 now. It's all about timing. I would check all the MTD basses, I bet there is some kind of formula for how the prices change.

9. OK, I looked again and this time it says there is one in stock. An hour ago when I checked the price was $598 and there were two in stock. So one just sold. Maybe they blow them out until there is just one left. I don't know, weird.

10. mtripper

mtripper

Feb 8, 2009
    Okay, thanks. I'll poke around at some of the others and see if I can snag one. I'm a sucker for deals on Tobias or MTD basses, they just feel right to me somehow.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Love the amazon deals, if you can jump on them. Bought a couple $600 Milwaukee sds rotary hammers for $59 a piece a while back.

12. mtripper

mtripper

Feb 8, 2009
    I didn't know they even did this, do they just seemingly randomly put something at a crazy low price?

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's how they did when I ordered my Streamer Jazzman. They had it for $1100 with 3 left then I bought one, and somebody else bought one and it shot back up to $3000. I've seen them do this quite a bit with Warwick and MTD.