MTD Kingston and Heir Basses. Sound Clips?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EricTheEZ1, Aug 5, 2005.

1. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Just like to bring people's attention to a very well priced, very well made bass line that MTD offers. It's hard to find good sound clips of them, though. I used to own a fretless 5 Kingston that I always thought would PWN with frets. Fretless wasn't my thing.

Anybody have any Kingston or Heir sound clips? Share 'em here!

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    subscribe. I'd like to hear these basses as well.
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm pretty sure that if you go to adrian garcia's site, the slap clip that's looped on there was recorded on an heir (pretty sure)
  4. Slightly OT, but I picked up an MTD Beast while looking for a starter bass for my son. This is one GREAT jazz bass variant, with a fully working B string (sounds like the E but lower, not the usual Fender wobble...) and a sweet high end. These are going for less than $400, and are way ahead of the Kingston/Heir basses IMHO. Worth checking out...the Grendel is similar with a better bridge & active electronics.
  5. EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I really want to have a MM-style humbucker in the bridge position for my next bass/first fretted 5.

Besides, I really want to get a Sunburst 5 Heir without pickguard. They're REALLY sharp.

P.S. - I hope that sound clip is an Heir because that's a very nice tone indeed. Any others?
  6. langus

click on the song "broken". i used my now stolen kingston fretless five. it has some subtle chorus on it. the mp3 quality sucks though because restricts file size so much.
  7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow i like,i like,i like the song and the bass is too agresive,nice work, :bassist:
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Nah. It was a Grendel. Adrian use to have some sound files on his site (one slap & one fingerstyle) of thr Heir/Kingston. I would contact AG. If they're not on the site any longer, he may still have the files.
  9. brooklynbassguy

brooklynbassguy Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2004
    maplewood, nj, usa
    If you can find the newest "Drive By Leslie" CD, Memphis to Bishkek, Midlantic records. I played it all on a kingston 5 with an aguilar preamp and sadowsky flats...
  10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i uh, cough cough, happen to have one for
  11. wow, really like the band brian. Thanks for the clip.