'MTD Kingston Andrew Gouche 6 String'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Feb 25, 2017.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Is it worth the price. Came across this at a GC store. Sounds and plays okay, but the neck has somewhat of a twist in it. And is totally in the field of what we might call a war bass. Plenty of dings, dents, scratches, even serious chips in the bass. Asking price is $1.399 honest opinions. Is it worth that purchase, not even a case or gig bag. Which I already know when it comes to GC, when one wasn't with the Bass or Guitar when traded in. What's Your Thoughts. 20170223_152433.jpg 20170223_152427.jpg

2. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Not to me. The Gouche comes in two models and I believe that one is the budget version. If it is not, that is a better deal, but I do not know how to fix a twisted neck either.

If it is the budget version with a neck like that, I would not give them much for it. Definitely not over 1k.

3. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    That bass is $2199 brand new. If there is a "twist" in the neck (warped?) then imho it is a parts bass so a couple hundred bucks max.

I would pass at that price but ymmv.

4. I'd walk past anything with a twisted neck. That's not a functional instrument to me, and there are far too many good, working basses out there to faff around with someting that would need remedial work out of the box, or that might never play nicely.

How bad is the twist?

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Acct Serv. Man.: Long & McQuade; MTD Kingston Basses Intl Emerging Artist; Bartolini Emerging Artist
    If there's a twist in the neck it should be sent back to the distributor for a replacement neck...loving my AG5, a 6 at that price with a decent neck? I'd jump at it...but if it's twisted and can't be adjusted...I'd have to pass...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022