Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Kingston Fretless 4 & Cort Billy Cox Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tonedeaf, Nov 3, 2003.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

Lowered my asking price and soliciting offers from interested buyers. Make me an offer!

MTD Kingston Fretless 4 ](Asking $300 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S) Black w/ white pearloid pickguard, lined ebonol fretboard. Never been gigged by me, home use only. Slight markings on the fretboard from the factory-installed roundwound strings, but they are not "eating into" the board as far as I can tell. Surface marks only.

Cort Billy Cox Freedom Bass w/ padded gig bag(Asking $150 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S)
    3-color sunburst, red tortoiseshell pickguard. 3 pickups, each with stacked volume and tone control. Active/Passive switch. The preamp has "Spector" stamped into it.

I got a bargain on this bass in decent condition. Only minor scratches that don't even go through the clear finish. When I got it, the reverse P-Pickup didn't work, but the two J's worked fine. The pots were real scratchy, though, so I disconnected them all with the idea of putting in new stacked pots and replacing the P-Pickup. I never got around to it, though. This is a good bass for anyone who's handy with a soldering iron and/or is looking for a unique bass to use as a project. The two J-pickups produce a pretty typical midrange Jazz sound, and since I've never heard the P-pickup I can't say how it sounds. Please understand that this bass is not in working order right now. All the pickups and pots are disconnected, and one of the pots is broken.
    [​IMG]

2. tonedeaf

Closeup: (Obviously these aren't the best quality pics, I can probably do a little better later on if necessary).

[​IMG]

3. tonedeaf

El bumpo (lowered prices)

4. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    Check your email, I made an offer on the Cort Billy Cox Bass

5. tonedeaf

bump-o-rama

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    jazz bass deluxe trade for both?
    has a japan reissie neck..with block inlays...rosewood board..black body..active..tort gaurd..no scratches..
    ill even through in a little cash

thanks
    steve

7. tonedeaf

Done deal.