MTD Kingston Fretless 4 & Cort Billy Cox Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tonedeaf, Nov 3, 2003.

1. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Supporting Member

Lowered my asking price and soliciting offers from interested buyers. Make me an offer!

MTD Kingston Fretless 4 ](Asking $300 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S) Black w/ white pearloid pickguard, lined ebonol fretboard. Never been gigged by me, home use only. Slight markings on the fretboard from the factory-installed roundwound strings, but they are not "eating into" the board as far as I can tell. Surface marks only.

Cort Billy Cox Freedom Bass w/ padded gig bag(Asking $150 shipped to anywhere in the continental U.S)
    3-color sunburst, red tortoiseshell pickguard. 3 pickups, each with stacked volume and tone control. Active/Passive switch. The preamp has "Spector" stamped into it.

I got a bargain on this bass in decent condition. Only minor scratches that don't even go through the clear finish. When I got it, the reverse P-Pickup didn't work, but the two J's worked fine. The pots were real scratchy, though, so I disconnected them all with the idea of putting in new stacked pots and replacing the P-Pickup. I never got around to it, though. This is a good bass for anyone who's handy with a soldering iron and/or is looking for a unique bass to use as a project. The two J-pickups produce a pretty typical midrange Jazz sound, and since I've never heard the P-pickup I can't say how it sounds. Please understand that this bass is not in working order right now. All the pickups and pots are disconnected, and one of the pots is broken.
  2. tonedeaf

Closeup: (Obviously these aren't the best quality pics, I can probably do a little better later on if necessary).

3. tonedeaf

El bumpo (lowered prices)
  4. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Check your email, I made an offer on the Cort Billy Cox Bass
  5. tonedeaf

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    jazz bass deluxe trade for both?
    has a japan reissie neck..with block inlays...rosewood scratches..
    ill even through in a little cash

7. tonedeaf