Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Kingston, Fretted or Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Jul 31, 2002.

1. I was looking into 5's and decided that I was gonna go for something a little less expensive (basically cause I have very little money.) Well, I'm almost sold on the Kingston since it has been talked about a lot here on talkbass and for the most part accepted as a good basses. My question is, This would be my first 5, but I have also been craving a fretless. Would it be better to just get a fretted five and wait for the fretless, or dive into to both at the same time? Another thing, how is the slap on these? I don't slap now but I would like to get into it. Also, how are the highs? I work a lot in the high range for a little bit of solo stuff while the guitarist I play with plays rhythm. Thanks for all your help, this is a great place.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    a Kingston is fine for slap - fretted , that is- you CAN slap a fretless, but it sounds way different-
    remember, the Kingstons are passive- great sound, but passive- Aguilar has a nre onboard 3 way pre that looks promising- you an add that to the Kingston and it should enhance the eq-