MTD Kingston, Fretted or Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SheepHerder7898, Jul 31, 2002.

1. I was looking into 5's and decided that I was gonna go for something a little less expensive (basically cause I have very little money.) Well, I'm almost sold on the Kingston since it has been talked about a lot here on talkbass and for the most part accepted as a good basses. My question is, This would be my first 5, but I have also been craving a fretless. Would it be better to just get a fretted five and wait for the fretless, or dive into to both at the same time? Another thing, how is the slap on these? I don't slap now but I would like to get into it. Also, how are the highs? I work a lot in the high range for a little bit of solo stuff while the guitarist I play with plays rhythm. Thanks for all your help, this is a great place.
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    a Kingston is fine for slap - fretted , that is- you CAN slap a fretless, but it sounds way different-
    remember, the Kingstons are passive- great sound, but passive- Aguilar has a nre onboard 3 way pre that looks promising- you an add that to the Kingston and it should enhance the eq-