1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD kingston or traben

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silen7ce, Dec 11, 2006.

1. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    I cant decide which I like more what do you guys think

MTD K5 passive

Traben tribal sun 5 string

2. Maj. Lee FUBAR

Maj. Lee FUBAR Supporting Member

I have no experience with Traben, but I have an MTD Kingston Heir I just picked up that I really like. The neck is awesome. Good luck! :bassist:

3. Go with the MTD.

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Dont know about the Traben, but I had a Kingston 5 and it was an incredible bass for the $. Neck was a bit too wide for my hands. :meh:

5. Played a Traben for the first time this weekend (a 4 string) and I was mighty impressed. Easy to find a good sound and very comfortable to play. Try 'em side by side, if you can.

6. MTD...'nuff said.

7. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    i already have a 4 string heir and a 5 string tribal sun but im thinking i might want the 5 string mtd kingston while its still cheap at mf cause i like the heir so much but im not a huge fan of the passive electronics =/

8. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    I'm gonna go on a limb here, but...

The Traben looks stupid. Just plain stupid, to my eyes.:bag:

That said, I have played a few Kingstons and they were really impressive. I'm sure that if you picked up the MTD, you'd be hard pressed to be disappointed...

9. silen7ce

silen7ce

Dec 11, 2006
    tribal sun is ugly as **** but sounds decent for the 250$ i dropped on it i think im gonna order me a k5 if they still have the snow white looking ones with maple boards friday

10. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    buy mine!
    yyyyjk-1.

This bass plays and sounds great!(thanx to the upgraded electronics)
    I believe the Torrent is the best traben,as it has the smallest and IMO the most tasteful bridge.
    So I can cut you a good deal,if you are interested in trying one out.