1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD Kingston Z4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p-nut95, Feb 26, 2008.

1. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Anyone have experience with these basses? Will it compare to my Warwick double buck? I guess now I have a real excuse to go to GC other than to putts around.:smug: Does anybody possibly have sound clips?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    We have both those basses in the store I work for, so I've played them both recently.

The MTD has a wider string spacing than the Double Buck, but the Double buck has that classic Warwick neck profile which you either love or hate. It's not as pronounced on the 4 as it is on the 5, so it might not be an issue in your case.

The Z4 also has a warmer sound, being the warmest sounding of the Korean MTD models. For mine the Double Buck goes into the came category as the MTD Heir or Artist series in terms of sound, meaning it's punchy and bright. For reference, I'd gladly use a Heir or Double buck as a backup to my Stingray, but not the Z4, which sounds a little like an active Fender.

Hope that helps.