1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD Kingston Z5 - As new w/upgrades!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by chinjazz, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinjazz

chinjazz Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Sale is pending - Bass is on hold

$850.00 Includes Shipping to CONUS - Will throw in a few extras to sweeten the deal.. PM for info :) .

Listen to the bass here (Click on Sand Storm):

http://home.comcast.net/~soundtek/music.html

This bass has a brand new neck on it. Ask me for details. It's Fast, and easy. Low action and no buzzing.

How does it sound? It's got EQ/juice till the cows come home with the OBP-3.
    It's a very nice modern or traditional bass. Get's nice Jazz and P tones. It's got un-mistakable MTD tones as well (if you know what I mean).

Professionally installed Upgrades $250:

- Aguilar OBP-3
    Configured with Mid switch (400 or 800 hz)
    - Dunlop Strap Locks
    - Custom made clear slap ramp (Made by Roger @ Jeannie's Pickguards)
    This was made to not alter the design. Screws go in where the other truss rod screws were.
    I Will provide shorter truss rod cover screws as well.

Total paid for bass and upgrades: $1250

Basic Specs:

- 35" Scale
    - Mahogany body - Burled Maple top
    - Maple/Maple Neck w/satin polyester finish
    - 24 medium jumbo frets
    - Zero fret, 1-3/4" wide
    - Upgraded Pre-Amp Aguilar OBP-3 (will provide the original as well)
    - Volume/Blend/Treble/Mid/Bass Controls, Mid Selector Switch
    - Shielded electronics compartment
    - Quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm)
    - Double acting truss rod
    - Buzz Feiten tuning system

Note: scratches on back cavity plate are not real scratches. The original peelable plastic cover is on it.

Photos:

KZ55.
    KZ52.
    KZ53.
    KZ56.
    KZ58.
    KZ515.
    KZ521.
    KZ520.
    KZ519.
    KZ518.
    KZ517.
    KZ516.

Feel free to PM me with questions or offers :)

Thanks,
    Adam

2. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    All PM's replied to. Still available.

Thanks all!

3. falco9

falco9

Jun 26, 2007
    Toronto
    pm sent

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Acct Serv. Man.: Long & McQuade; MTD Kingston Basses Intl Emerging Artist; Bartolini Emerging Artist
    Hey, whycome selling? Open to trades?

5. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Hi RevGroove,

It's pretty clear in my post, I'm getting my MTD 535 back, and I have to fund that. This bass is great, and I wish I could keep it!

Adam

6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Acct Serv. Man.: Long & McQuade; MTD Kingston Basses Intl Emerging Artist; Bartolini Emerging Artist
    So sorry, I skipped over that paragraph getting to the yummy updgrades! I have the same issues, family, so I have to unload stuff to pay for my Z5, which I just love as is which was a pleasant surprise...if you'd been open to trades though...

.....awesome bass, somebody snap it up!

7. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Hey No sweat RevGroove,

Yeah, since I haven't won that lottery yet, I can have more than one boutique like bass in my home. Sorry, I'm already locked into the money only route..

Take care, and Thanks for the bumpski!

A

8. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    That 535 has your name on it, Adam. Literally! That Z5 does look nice, though. Whoever buys it will have a great bass, taken care of set up by a guy who knows what he's doing. And Adam is a great guy to deal with. So step up and get yourself a great MTD!

Joe

9. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    No problem...and it is indeed a boutique bass!

Here's another bump for ya!

10. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Folks, thanks for the PM's :)

11. Hey how is that slap guard attached? I'm looking into something like that.

12. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    It's actually attached with screws, thru the same truss rod cover holes. It's a non intrusive mod, can be taken off with ease. Just put in longer screws. :hyper:

13. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Not to hijack the thread, but where did you get it? Was it a custom job, or is it generally available somewhere?

14. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    No problem at all! I made a shape and sent a tracing of the area, and my truss rod cover over to Roger at Jeannie's Pickguard. PM me and I'll dig up his email. He's done a lot of work for fellow TB'ers. The shape I made isn't exactly perfect in terms of curves on the top side, but it does the job perfectly.

He charged me to make the template as well, so if you choose to make the same one it'll be cheaper for you :)

15. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    PM's Replied to.. Thanks!

By the way, if you want to hear this bass in action, check out my web site and listen to "Sand Storm":

http://home.comcast.net/~soundtek/music.html

MySpace site doesn't sound as clear, I think they compress the files thus cutting the clarity.

16. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Adam-

Two questions...

1. Why the new neck?

2. How does the new electronics package and upgrades compare tonally to the stock config?

Lonnybass

17. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Hi,

I originally had the explanation about the neck in the ad, but was feeling that people weren't reading it.

The first neck had fret tang issues (sharp), and Michael Tobias ordered me a new one. This sort of thing happens from time to time, not specific to MTD, but guitars in general. Short of it, the neck is awesome. Great frets, even, and super easy to play.

Tone wise, I'm biased toward OBP-3 pre-amps. Almost all my basses get one of these. Left flat, there's no difference, just when you want to start adding any of the treble, mid, or bass, you'll get a wider range of it in my opinion. And Mids really blend in with bass frequencies seamlessly (that's one of the selling points of the OBP-3).

PM me if you want to know more.

Thanks for your interest!

Adam

18. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Had another obsolete bump to delete. Won't happen a third time, I'm no-one's cleaning employee.

19. Rope

Rope

May 27, 2003
    Essexville, MI
  20. chinjazz

Sep 11, 2002
    Atlantic Beach, FL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.