1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD Kingston Z5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by melodiaopus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    $795
    Strings:
    I have a beautiful MTD Kingston Z5 with preamp and pickup upgrades. The bass features a beautiful carved mahogany body with a maple burl top, with a matching peg head veneer,that is just stunning to look at. You won't know the difference between this and a custom made MTD. The fretboard features a rock maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard.

The pickups are Nordstrand Fat Stacks which really make this bass sing. This bass has brought on a whole new dimension to really standing out in the mix.

I have also updated the volume control knobs to be more like the American custom series. These look beautiful on the bass.

Disclaimer: I do have Bartolini P2 set of Pickups with the preamp that I can throw in for an extra cost. I bought the pickups specifically for this bass, but I really loved the tone of the Nordstrands and never got around to getting the Bartolini set placed in the bass. Brand new haven't even taken out of the bag.

Bass comes with a brand new set of MTD Nickel strings. I can throw in an old Warwick Gig Bag (not in the best shape) but does the trick.

$795 Shipped

*contact me about adding the Bartolini Pickups and preamp to this bass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    ivlucas likes this.
  2. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    More pics.

Attached Files:

3. tlockett

tlockett Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    What is the scale length,and what pre amp is in there now?

4. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    @tlockett 35" scale. I'll have to double check the preamp. I'll look when I get home from work.

5. tlockett

tlockett Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Thanks,and what is the Bart pre amp you have ?, and what version of P2.s are they?
    I'm interested in the bass, are you open to any trades? No worries if you aren't .
    Cheers

6. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
  7. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    @tlockett The preamp is a 3-Band Bartolini NTMB-F.

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    pm'd

9. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
  10. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Still Available. Free shipping and comes with a BRAND NEW set of MTD Nickel strings. Make me an offer!

11. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Pm'd

12. melodiaopus

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Sold.