1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MTD KZ5 Seriously Upgraded! *Must See!*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basskillah, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basskillah

basskillah Justus League

Sep 14, 2004
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Roscoe Guitars
    The MTD Z5 features a mahogany body with a burl maple top in a satin amber finish. The neck is rock maple with a 24 fret indian rosewood fret-board. The Bridge and Tuners have been upgraded with black, USA Hipshot parts. The pickups are Nordstrand Big Singles. The preamp is a Aguilar OBP-2 wired with a passive tone control (think Sadowsky VTC). The MTD 535 style knobs were ordered directly from MTD! The bass has a zero fret (makes open strings sound consistent with fretted) and also features the Buzz Feiten tuning system for piano ringing clarity! This bass is remarkably light for a 5 string at 8.5 lbs! The Z5 is currently strung E-C, however i have/can convert the bass to B-G tuning if desired (the nut was not altered). This bass ships with a nice black snakeskin style tolex HSC. $1000 OBO shipped!

IMG_0624.

IMG_0627.

IMG_0623.

IMG_0625.

I accept Paypal or Money Orders/Cashiers Checks. Please feel free to comment or PM me with any questions/concerns or possible trade options (Currently interested in Stingray/Sterling 5's or possibly 70's style Jazzes). Thanks for looking!

2. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

3. basskillah

basskillah Justus League

Sep 14, 2004
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Roscoe Guitars
    Yessir! MTD's Going from one Sean to another :). Thanks again lousybassplayer!

4. Cinquez Griffin

Cinquez Griffin

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio
    What kind of strings are on it?

5. basskillah

basskillah Justus League

Sep 14, 2004
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Roscoe Guitars
    It has Smiths on it currently. Strung E-C.

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    I have an early 80's fender jazz with 70's spacing, ash maple, that I would talk about trading. Let me know,

Grady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.