1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD KZ5 w Upgrades (MTD Kingston Z5)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by alfnz, May 14, 2018.

1. alfnz

alfnz Supporting Member

May 3, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello fellow TBers. Up for your consideration is my beautiful MTD KZ5 w upgraded Nordstrand pickups, Nordstrand Preamp, Hipshot Ultralight tuners, and MTD USA style knobs. This is one more of my MTDs that Im selling due to scale length. Im moving from 35” scale to 32" and 33". So all my MTDs are being sent to good homes. This bass in particular has a killer tone and it hurts to see her go. Here are the details:

• 35" scale
    • 24 Medium Jumbo Frets
    • Zero Fret 1-3/4" wide
    • One Piece Maple Neck w/ Satin Finish
    • Maple Fretboard
    • Mahogany Body
    • Maple Burl Top
    • 19mm Bridge
    • Maple Neck
    • 8lbs even on bathroom scale

Upgrades:
    • Nordstrand Pickups
    • Nordstrand 3B Preamp (I failed to mention the Nordy preamp in the demo video)
    • Hipshot Ultralight tuners
    • MTD USA style knobs
    • MTD Premium gig bag (purchased from Norm Stockton)

See pics for two small dings (one near the input jack...and the other on the edge of the bass above the the bridge pickup)

full front.JPG Front slant.JPG close up body bridge pu.JPG front body.JPG close up pickups.JPG Headstock.JPG slant body neck.JPG slant body.JPG rear strap lock close up.JPG close up ouch near input jack.JPG full rear.JPG rear body.JPG top of headstock.JPG side of body.JPG MTD Gig bag 2.jpg MTD GigBag1.jpg MTD Gig bag 3.JPG

Attached Files:

Hercules likes this.
  2. alfnz

alfnz Supporting Member

May 3, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Price includes shipping to conus

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    What model nordstrands are in this? Thanks.

4. alfnz

alfnz Supporting Member

May 3, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hi RussT, sorry for the delay. Had to get home and check them out. They're Nordy Big Singles

5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Thanks.

alfnz likes this.
  6. alfnz

alfnz Supporting Member

May 3, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Price drop 895. shipped to conus

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021