1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MTD KZ6 electronics suggestions???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rkejeepin, Aug 27, 2007.

1. The general consensus on these seems to be that the stock electronics sound pretty "thin". Im down for swapping things out, but Im new to such matters. I would like to see if I can get some suggestions on what would work, fit, etc?

Is the preamp the only issue? Does anyone suggest switching out the stock pups also?

Im still waiting for my 6 to arrive so Im just looking for discussion for now, and any help would be great.

Thanks

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    For too many reasons to list, I would wait till I got the bass to start making plans to change it cause you don't know what you'll think of it no matter what the general concensus is.

Also don't know what comprises the general concensus but it would strike me odd that's a conclusion reached without guys making changes, saying what they did, and stating the results. I assume this sample came from the internet and so probably a means to contact these guys. Also assume that sample size was more than a couple of players.

If you don't get specific feedback here I would consider either moving the thread to Basses or reposting once it's back page material. I'm guessing there's an MTD forum somewhere which is perhaps a better source.

3. Wait until it comes. Play it for a bit and then see.
    I was planning on a Z5 and was going to put in Bartolinis with an Audere preamp. Im holding out on a new MTD ZX5.