1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD-Marilyn Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krispsound, May 8, 2010.

1. krispsound

krispsound

May 8, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone has played a bass with this combination:
    Chambered Alder body with "Audi" Redwood Burl top. Maple neck/Ebony f/b, 24 frets. 35" scale.

I know the original "Marilyn" had a Water Cured Redwood, which if I am understanding right would be a hard wood (due to the water curing) whereas this bass' top is a softwood. Just wondering the tonal difference on this bass. I really want to get an MTD but am looking for one that would have a big sound (hence I am intrigued in the chambered concept), but I like the sound of other basses with Ash.

Anyone have a recommendation on a MTD bass that would have a Mark Peric tone? Or know what wood combination Mark Peric had on his MTD?

Thanks for any comments (even if it is to correct any errors I may have made in this post).

2. krispsound

krispsound

May 8, 2010
    *Bump*