MTD or Fender???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mondo, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Mondo

Mondo Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    St. Augustine Beach
    I am looking at buying a new bass and would like some help?? I am looking at a MTD Kingston Heir or a Fender MIM Jazz bass?? Also when i play i use my hands i have never really used a pick and MTD lets you chose your fretboard in Rosewood or Maple, The Fender Jazz only comes with a Rosewood fretboard?? I play everything from Jazz to Metal so which fretboards is better for my playing??
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Between those two, I think I'd go for the MTD Heir, especially if you're thinking about a 5.

3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The rosewood board will give a touch more warmth, and a touch less snap to the sound.

I own a MIM Jazz and have played MTD's, though not the Heir. I've played 535, Beast, and Kingstons. I'd say, based on that, if you're into metal, get're better off with a P-bass.

Between the two, though, I'd pick the MTD any day.
  4. Mondo

Mondo Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    St. Augustine Beach
    Well as far as playing goes I play alot more Jazz and real melodic bass lines. Some of my Favs. are Tool, Rage, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Incubus, Cold, and for the really heavy stuff i do not really play that often mybe a couple of times a week.
  5. Listen

May 19, 2002
  6. id go with MTD for sure!
  7. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    Nice diversity of opinions, huh?
  8. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    I GOT IT!
    I have and MIJ jazz and an MTD Heir. Both four strings. Both passive with 2 volume and 1 tone knob. Both great instruments each with a different fundamental tone. As expected I think it depends on the style your playing. The MTD K has a great modern tone the jazz has the great woody low end.

If your set on getting a five though get the MTD.

I still would like to get a P-bass though. If you want the P-bass tone get a P-bass.
  9. I'd probably go with the MTD with a rosewood fretboard.

Oh BTW, how is the arm?