Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Saratoga

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RyKnoz, Sep 5, 2002.

1. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    I'm really interested in this bass, I heard it's suppose to be a more economicallly priced Grendal, except it's made in Korea. Is it just like the Grendal? Has anyone tried the Saratogas'? I might be able to get a new bass this Christmas (yes a few months from now but whatever):confused: , and I was wondering how the Saratoga is. Comfort, sound, construction, etc. If it's nice, I'm gonna go write Santa a letter right now!;)

2. I have yet to even be able to find a pic of em. Only place I've seen a hier is at musician's friend (and here of course). Maybe Mike should have his web personel update the site a little better? At least have some pics of the kingston and hier!

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    heres one.. they sound great.. essentially a Grendel made in Korea- less expensive, 3 piece bodies, bartolini pre and pups - email me if you need more info-
    [​IMG]

4. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    That looks tempting... I hope this time I can actually buy something from you! I had some last minute expenses to pay off, but I hope my parents will buy this or at least chip in some money this time... I have learned a valuable lesson since then. Never tick off your parents.:(

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I think I played that one @ the NAMM show. I'll buy one when they come out. It'll have to have a maple board though.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Theyre here, bro- peace, Adrian

7. Dang, that thing looks NICE! Anybody know how much one of them will run you?

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
  9. Thanks, Adrian, but I just checked out the MTD website, and it looks like they're way more than I'll be able to aford for a long time. I HATE BEING POOR!!!:mad:

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i hate being poor , too- where did you see a price on the saratoga on the mtd site? i didnt see a price- and even so- those are list prices, they are discounted by the dealers

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, i feel silly- i had the site bookmarked and i didnt know he updated things- there you have it- you know more than me... again.- peace, Adrian

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Must've just updated it. I was there recently.

13. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    It's nice to know that the Saratoga will have a "marching headstock."

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow, those are pretty righteous. i dig 'em more than the grendels, heirs and kingstons...

15. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    yeah, same here...
    somehow, they seem more "tobias" than the heirs and kingstons...

matching headstock is a very nice touch, and the pickup placement is intriguing to me.

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, definitely more of an mtd vibe going on there.

17. I kinda prefer the Grendel-but it is a nice bass. Adrian-tell mike that his new site format sucks for me m'kay? There aren't even pics anymore!

18. Wait a minuet! That's my sig Ryknoz!!:mad:

19. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    LOL. I was about to change it anyways. Ok. Lets see, where's that button...