Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD Stings...Wow!!!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by vision, Jul 30, 2005.

1. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I just put a set of mtd custom medium stainless steel strings on my cirrus 5, and i am blown away. i've always used dr highbeams, and i like a "new roundwound" type of bright sound. well, the mtd's have all of the top end sizzle of the dr's, but they also have alot more meat in the low midrange. they've added a whole new depth of raw character to my cirrus.
    the best thing about them is the b string...i thumped that baby and freaked out at how full and thick it sounded. it has the punch of an e string with abosolutely no flop whatsoever. i never knew that the typ of strings used could have this much difference in the sound and feel of my bass...

2. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Good to hear... I just ordered a set of these for my Yamaha BBN5A. Thought they were worth checking out!
    - Tom

3. They came with my new MTD bass and they sound really good, I'm thinking of keeping using them.