1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED MTD Super 5 #11 - Perfectly Perfect condition - As New - Trade Prefs. Updated!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DaymonJ11, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Not sure what I can say about this bass that hasn’t been said about Jennifer Aniston...

Superlatives like Beautiful. Perfect. “10”. Hot. Smooth. Easy to look at. Pleasure to hold. Getting carried away here.....Sorry.

This bass is perfect. Literally not a knick, ding, scratch, depression, smudge, piece of dust, NOTHING on this thing. It’s truly perfect.

Specs:
    Body: Dragonwood Empress - Tight Grain (harder)
    Neck: Maple
    Board: Birds Eye Maple
    Color: Hand Rubbed “midnight blue”
    Spacing: 19mm
    Scale: 35” - doesn’t feel like it.
    Weight: VERY light. Scale says 7.5-ish lbs. - you read that correctly - 7.5lbs. No neck dive.

Sound:
    Typical MTD USA Super 5. Growl. Super mid range and beastly bass. A lot of people don’t realize how excellent Empress is at transmitting mid and bass frequencies. It’s probably better than ash, honestly.

Extremely versatile sound. If you’re familiar with the Bart pups and pre in these, you know these can be dialed into just about any usable tone you’d like.

Playability:
    Because this bass is so light, you could play this all day, and have absolutely no issue at all. Your back will Thank You. The neck is brilliant, as all MTD’s are, and the action is perfect. Not to low, not too high. Just right and super easy to play whatever your style.

It’s really about as perfect a bass as you’ll find here.

If you called Mike and asked him to build this, you’d be about to drop some serious cash-heesh! Base price is $5900. Options include:

$400 - Hand rubbed stain
    $200 - 24 Fret Board
    $150 - Empress/Dragonwood Body
    $500 - Birds Eye Maple Fretboard
    $260 - ProTec Contigo case
    $100 - Matching Peghead
    $100 - World Logo

Total: $7610. Mike may cut you a little discount if you paid cash. But, you’d still be dropping 7 large.

I’ve got it here, in new condition, for $4250. That’s a better price than you’re gonna find anywhere else for this bass, in this condition. This bass is like new, seriously. It appears as though it was just taken out of the case the first time when you see it.

I will entertain trades. Basses of interest would be other fretted 5’s or 6’s. I have trade value at roughly $4500:

MTD
    LowEnd Bass
    Alleva Coppolo
    Ken Smith
    Fodera
    Wyn
    F Bass
    Alembic
    Thompson
    Sadowsky
    Elrick
    Warwick

Trades down with $$ coming back.
    Trades up with $$ going out.

Any questions, let me know. Buyer pays all shipping based on location. Please propose trades in a private message. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    bassman06 and bobunit like this.
  2. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks for the offers fellas! Please, keep them coming. I'm willing to look at anything!

3. This is insane.

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  4. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    All PM’s replied!

5. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Insane bad, or, insane good?

6. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    8937poster.

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  7. Insane good. VERY GOOD

DaymonJ11 likes this.
  8. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    @dave64o - make an offer, man! I’ll listen!

Same to you @Phillip Jordan!!

Offers are coming almost faster than I can keep up with! But, I’ll always listen!

9. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    All PM’s replied! I think a deal
    is getting close on this one!!!

If someone needs a payment option, I can list on Reverb. I’ve been asked, so, there’s my public answer.

10. DaymonJ11

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Bass has been traded!

Thanks everyone for the interest! I really appreciate it, and hope you'll consider my stuff the next time I post one!