1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD MTD Super 5 #3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jrussblues, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    $3400
    Strings:
    This hurts but hopefully it will find a great new home.
    This is by far the greatest instrument I have ever owned.
    I think it was originally built at the tail end of 2014, it is the 3rd super 5 made and it plays and sounds amazing.
    35” scale, ash body and head veneer, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, I believe the color is DR browns burst, matching wood truss covers and cavity covers.
    This has been my main bass for a year and it has been gigged, I could not find any dings or chips anywhere on it but it does have a couple of cosmetic flaws.
    1-the pickup covers have some wear on them, not much but you should be able to see it in the picture
    2-where my fingers rest under the strings the finish has a slightly more shiny look to it, I don’t think this can be seen in the photos
    3-the blend pot will sometimes make a scratch sound, sometimes it doesn’t
    4-while the bass is in great shape the case has gotten some scuff marks on the outside, i tried to picture those well, they are noticeable
    The good side
    The bass is in great shape, action is extremely low, frets look great, it sounds incredible, all original paperwork and tools are included, a strap with matching but not original strap lock buttons is included (the strap locks on the bass are the original ones, just not the buttons), a led flashlight of mine is included for the luminlay side markers, there are some paint imperfections that are very small and cant be pictured but they are from when it was built and sprayed originally so I count that as part of owning a hand made instrument, the bass balances tremendously and feels very comfortable on the body as it is very ergonomic, the case is heavy but built like a tank.
    Very sorry to see this one go, I may pull the ad, seller pays shipping.

Attached Files:

bigbassdaddy likes this.
  2. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    These always come up when I have just purchased something else.... grrrr

timtyler8821 likes this.
  3. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California