1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD Tuner size - 3/8?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by turindev, Nov 14, 2010.

1. turindev

turindev

Jul 1, 2005
    Florida, USA
    Hey there TB'ers.. I have a KZ5 on order that I will be heavily modding, and have ordered all of the parts except for the tuners, because I don't know if they are 3/8 or 1/2. Any MTD/KZ owners out there know what size they are? I was hoping to order them now so they arrive at the same time.. bass should be in Friday or so, and I was hoping to finish the mods before a gig Sunday :) Thx folks!

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The headstock pic on-line shows them to be Gotoh-esque with 3/8" posts. Hipshot offers a direct replacement in the Ultralite series; check E-bay.

Riis

3. turindev

turindev

Jul 1, 2005
    Florida, USA
    Thanks Zoober! I was going to be replacing with black Ultralites.. just wasnt sure which to use (size). I didn't realize that all of the Gotoh-style tuners were 3/8.. that makes it easy! :) Thanks man!

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't know if Gotoh even offers a 1/2" but I can tell by the pic they're 3/8".

MTDKZ5.

Riis

5. turindev

turindev

Jul 1, 2005
    Florida, USA
    thanks again! 3/8 ordered :)