1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale MTD USA Saratoga 5 PJ 34", 24-fret Summer NAMM 17’ AS-NEW!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eddiebo, Mar 13, 2018.

1. eddiebo

eddiebo Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    New Jersey
    This is a USA-built Saratoga 5-string PJ w/ black quilted maple top over a poplar body. It has a 34" scale maple neck with 24-fret grenadillo fingerboard, Bartolini B-Axis PJ Pickups w/ active / passive 18v Bartolini HRT32 preamp, 19MM spacing and weighs in at a very comfortable 9 lbs 1 oz.

This bass was a display piece for the summer 2017 NAMM show. There is ZERO play wear, not a single ding, dent, or scratch - bass is in as-new condition and comes with an equally as-new MTD heavy duty gigbag.

Selling because no matter how nice the bass is I just do not play 5-string anymore. This one covers all the modern and vintage tones w/ the active / passive bart pole piece pickups and plays effortlessly with low even action across the entire neck. B-string is TIGHT and not a concern w/ the 34" scale.

• 34" Scale, 24 fret, 19mm spacing
    • Weight 9 lbs 1 oz
    • Tulipwood (poplar) Body
    • “10” Quilted Maple Top in Blackburst w/ matching front and rear headstock overlays
    • Maple Neck
    • 24-Fret Grenadillo Fingerboard w/ Luminlay position markers on the face and side
    • Bartolini B-Axis PJ Pickups
    • 18V Bartolini HRT32 Preamp with passive switch, Bass / Treble, Push/Pull Mid Frequency (400/800Hz) and Tone controls
    • Wood matched knobs
    • MTD/Protec Gig Bag, tools, and case candy

New list is over $7500, street: $5750 shipped to you

$4250 includes UPS GROUND insured shipping within the lower 48

Im open to offers but dont have much wiggle room. Anyone truly interested contact me and I can work with you on it.

PayPal payment or can set up for Affirm financing at an additional cost to the buyer
    Questions / PayPal: edbocchino (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018 at 9:27 AM
  2. Wow!! beautiful bass
    eddiebo likes this.