1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD USA Saratoga PJ5 w/upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rodneyat, Aug 10, 2020.

1. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Delivered in Jan of 2019 this is an MTD USA Saratoga PJ5. I worked with Mike on the specs, options etc. The bass is killer which is why I am in no hurry to part with it. But, figured I would see what interest is out there. It has a poplar body with maple neck (34" scale) and rosewood board. The finish is dark cherryburst with matching knobs, truss rod cover and headstock. Luminay dots on side of neck, front of fretboard and on the matching knobs. Electronics are Bart B Axis PJ pickups with the Bart/Saratoga Preamp. 3 Band EQ with selectable mid (400/800), Tone Control and active/passive switch. If you have not heard the Bart B Axis pickups you are missing out. They do a great job of keeping a vintage vibe but adding just a hint of modern without coloring the sound too much. Perfectly balanced at 9.5lbs. The bass is in excellent condition with no dings, scratches etc. It will come with the original MTD gig bag along with all the original paperwork, tools etc.

I am open to trades but 5 string basses only. $3600 trade value. Things that sit high on my list are an MTD Super 5 or 535. Dingwall ABZ (3 pickup), Dingwall Z3, FBass BN5, Smith BSR5, Jerzy Drozd. Also a Berg HG310 Cabinet. Outside of that, let me know what you have. Thanks for looking!

$3150 shipped Cont US SaratogaPJ-5.jpg SaratogaPJ-1-3.jpg SaratogaPJ-1.jpg SaratogaPJ-1-4.jpg SaratogaPJ-1-2.jpg SaratogaPJ-4.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  2. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Beautiful, I haven’t played this one but I’m sure it’s a beast. You just can’t beat dealing with Rodney. Glwts

DaveTomasi and rodneyat like this.
  3. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Great photos!

rodneyat and jebmd like this.
  4. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Just me and an iphone. :)

bass12 and MrLenny1 like this.
  5. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    Beautiful bass!! Width at the nut?

6. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    1 7/8"

jebmd and bassguyky48 like this.
  7. Nightman

Nightman If it ain't low, it's got to go! Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Those are great pix from a phone!!
    Is the string spacing at the bridge 19mm?

8. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks! I had the phone attached to a monopod as well. So, that helps stabilize it. They are not quite as good as the ones I get from a digital SLR but it works.

Yes the spacing is 19mm at the bridge

Nightman and jebmd like this.
  9. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Times are tough indeed. Theses basses are so sought after and this bass’s debut into the wild. I‘m stunned it’s still here.

rodneyat and DaveTomasi like this.
  10. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    PMs replied