Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD USA5 vs ALEMBIC ROGUE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Never had the chance to play a MTD, but I see they are pretty spendy for a used one, (aprx 2000$) I am curious what kind of a sound they have in comparrison to an Alembic Rogue 5 string, which is a spendy bass as well? I know some of you play the MTD, your input would be helpful..... :cool:

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Each MTD will have a different sound based on the woods that they are built from. That being said, in general they have a crystal clear, ringing sound that will cut through any mix.

Mike

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Those MTD basses are very solid in construction, Mike spends alot of time on each bass. Cant go wrong with it. The wood and electronics are greatly diffrent then in a alembic, i allways thoght the MTD 'd sounded very clear, it might be the barts.

4. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    My server is down - when it goes back up I'll post some samples of my MTD's

Mike

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
  6. alembic76407

alembic76407

Apr 29, 2004
    Oklahoma
    I don't know about the MTD, I've never played one ,but as for Alembic's I own two and I have always been in love with the tone I get from them, the Rogue is a very comfortable bass to play and Alembic electronics are some of the best in the world

David T