MTD with MM pickup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by virtual.ray, Oct 26, 2000.

1. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I played on a bass today that the shop had just recieved this morning.The salesman couldn't tell me the name of the model,but it is an MTD made in Korea.The body shape is quite similar to a Killer B and it has the same headstock/tuner arrangement as the Grendel.It is a fretted 5 string with a Music Man type humbucker with exposed pole pieces,passive electronics and black hardware.The finish is glossy white with a subtle sparkly metalflake and the neck is maple with a satin finish.The list price is $629.95.The neck is comfortable,and I played on it for a long time because the B string sounded and felt very good.Has anyone seen a similar bass who could provide more information? The attached warranty card is addressed to Matthews and Ryan in NY.I've been on both MTD's and Music Yo's sites and there is no information there.Thanks.
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I played one yesterday in Harrisburg, PA. It was Blue with a White pearloid pickguard, single MM pickup and a Maple fretboard with only side markers. The B was very nice. The asking price was $449. The neck felt great. I think it was a bargain. The model was a K5.