1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MTD X

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T. B. Player, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Anyone selling these yet?

Z

2. vikunja

vikunja

Oct 29, 2004
    Norway
    Do you mean the ZX?

theperfectbass.com are selling them now. The ones on their site are limited edition ZX basses.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yep, if it's the ZX you're talking about, the Perfect Bass has them in stock now.

4. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Looking forward to hearing how the ZX stacks up against the Z.

Lonnybass

5. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Why not?

6. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    To me $400 isn't that big of a difference. Andrew Gouche's performance on BassPlayer.tv made the bass sound so sweet. It's a limited edition run, so there's some mark up there. I've never played one, but I don't think the markup is outrageous.

7. The first batch is the Limited Edition with Michael Tobias Signatures.

Then the rest will be a normal run from what I have been told.

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Some bumpage for a great axe...gotta spread the word! Yeh, you could take a Z5 and mod it...but it wouldn't be the same (the US Bartolini Electronics are exclusive to the ZX and can't be purchased separately), the finish will not be used after the Limited run of 30 (24 at TPB, 6 in Canada), and they're signed by Mike himself!

This is a special instrument boys and girls...check out this video, it tells the tale:

http://www.theperfectbass.com/live/flash/zx/product review_Kingston ZX.html

You COULD also wait for the standard production run...but no special finish, no Mike Tobias signature...why wait??? Try one, you know you WANT to!

9. Evan_S._Brown

Evan_S._Brown

Jan 10, 2008
    Bass People in Sydney Australia have a few on order.
    Probably arrive around mid-year. "fingers crossed"
    designed, inspected and signed by Michael Tobias himself as well as bartolini pickups.
    If its anything like the other MTDS then this is gonna be a winner

10. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    You will NOT be disappointed, in my opinion!