MTD Z5 neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Oct 9, 2011.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    I have seen one of these basses going for a good price but before i buy i wounder if anyone could tell me about the neck specs? Is it a wide or narrow bass neck? are the strings close?

If it helps i like close string spacing and quite a narrow neck. Ibanez soundgears are usually to my taste :)

2. necks are wide, but they are asymmetrical so, as the widen the flaten out. Super comfy. String spacing is 19mm. but if you have small hands 19mm is not going to be your thing. I can play any string spacing, but prefer 19mm

here is more info on the neck
    http://www.mtdkingston.com/images/MTD_Difference_Two.pdf

3. Basshoofd

Basshoofd

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    If you like Ibanez Soundgears you probably won't like MTD's. MTD's are big and wide, Soundgears are thin and tight.

4. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    The thing about the Z5 necks is that they're 1.75" at the nut, so a little narrower than you typically find on a 19mm fiver (1.875 is the norm). So couple the narrower nut with the asym profile and you've got what is imo the most comfortable 35" fiver neck around. I like em even better than the US made MTD necks I've tried.

/rick

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021