Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MTD534 Prototype IS TIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3rdEye, Aug 19, 2003.

1. 3rdEye

3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    CA.
    I got a chance to play the MTD534 prototype today; acoustically at least LOL. It felt really, really good and I could tell it would sound killer through and amp just by the way it sounded acoustically. It's more comfortable than the 535 in my opinion. The neck scale is 34 inch and the string width is not as wide. I liked it alot better than the 535 that was in the store. I think Mike Tobias should definitely make these into production models as an option becuase I sure in the hell would buy one in a heart beat with a different wood combo. Peace http://www.bassexchange.com/catalog/images/mtd534b.jpg

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I agree! Those basses would be sweet. I'm a much bigger fan of 34's, plus, the 535's string spacing felt a little weird to me. It wasn't that it was extremly wide, but it just didn't feel right. What kind of price tag will these 534's hold?

3. 3rdEye

3rdEye

Nov 30, 2002
    CA.
    They told me it was $3,400. It's about 100 or 200 dollars less than the 535. On mikes site the 535's list for $3,600.

4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    MTD's are really nice, but they are a bit pricey to me. If the 534 was a little cheaper, I may be all over it. Some of these builders are still stuck on prices when the economy was booming.

5. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i can tell tho' that mike is charging what it is worth!!! this bass is so amazing. better than the ambleic that i played everything.

man that looks good. jazz pups to.

steve