Mu-tron like envelope filter with an output volume control?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BurtMacklinFBI, Sep 3, 2020.

1. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Degen from Up-Country

Apr 3, 2018
    Anyone aware of a pedal fitting that description? I love the sound of the Mu-Tron, but I always find myself wanting to adjust the volume when the effect is on. It seems like a simple volume knob would be a pretty obvious and intuitive thing to include, but for whatever reason I can’t find a Mu-tron clone with one. Any suggestions, peeps?

2. gh0st42

gh0st42 Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Colorado
    Broughton Josh Wah would be worth a look. Has both a gain and a volume control, plus a very good Mutron-esque funk sound, and is very flexible and quick and easy to dial in.

It's not a direct Mutron Clone, but does cop a pretty convincing Mutron vibe, among others.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i've built clones of them with a volume control. it's a very simple thing to do.

BurtMacklinFBI, Bo0tsy and gh0st42 like this.
  4. Slaymus

Slaymus

Jan 23, 2004
    Quebec
    Mu-Tron Micro-Tron IV is what you want!
    Controls of the original AND level knob.

Bo0tsy and Guild B301 like this.
  5. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Josh Wah is pretty simple to dial in. Plus it gots purple knobs for style points on your board.

gh0st42 likes this.
  6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Source Audio Spectrum?

7. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Degen from Up-Country

Apr 3, 2018
    I've actually got one of your Mutron 3 clones and other than the lack of a volume control I love it. Could you mod it with a volume control? If so, PM me with details please. :)

8. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Or if you must have the mutron, get a bypass loop pedal with a volume/level-boost on it. I bought one for my OC-2 to make it true bypass when off and to be able to increase the volume when on and using only a single octave.

gh0st42 likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021