Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Muahahahaha...12's!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Mmmmmmmm, 12's!

[​IMG]

2. I will add you to the list of people I am envious of.

3. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    nice 3-12's rig!!!

Thats the bless of having money!!!! :hyper: ;)

4. Do they stand up to the Avatar Kustom Groovebass stack? :D Actually from the pictures the construction looks similar.

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Very interesting setup, Quad. :)

Extra lightweight with just the 112... and with the 212 along for the ride, you've got a monstrous setup. I suppose you coulda just stacked a couple of 112's.... but... what the hell, right? :smug:

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Nice looking rig. Someone had to be an idiot to let that Aggie go at the ridiculous price you got it for. :D

7. Quadzilla

Heh, yep Monkeee, you hooked me up big time on the head as did D.A.R.K. on the GS212 and Bass Central really hooked me up big time on the GS112 (less than I've seen it advertised anywhere else). Truth be told, I have only $1700 invested in this rig and everything is like new (actually the GS112 is new).

8. Great rig. I play guitar through a 3x12 setup and have always thought it was superb. Congratulations. I'll bet it has great tone and puts out more than enough volume for any situation recognizable as music.

9. Oh yeah, well I have like 12 15-inchers. Oh wait...that's the PA. SON OF A.....*heart attack*

10. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Man, aguilar's are just the coolest looking cabs man.

I love that logo

11. I need to take a picture of my little guys.

On another note Quad, are you experiencing abnormal fraying of the carpet on your cab? MY GS410 seems to be losing a lot of hair for some reason.

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I am looking into a new rig, and am seriously considering 12"s this time around. I am thinking of going with the GS412 cab, but am also considering going with two of the 212's. I have other brands I am checking into also, so we will have to see what I end up buying.

It seems like a waste for me at times, as my main band usually uses IEM's, but I have a couple of gigs that I need pretty loud stage volume for, so I guess I still need to move some air.

13. Quadzilla

Well I just got the GS112 yesterday (it's new) so too early to tell with that one and the GS212 is only about 4 or 5 months old and I got that one used and I've only had it for less than a month and it was only played in one show before I got it, so it's too early to tell on that one also. Sorry I can't be of more assistance...

14. Quadzilla

I personally would go for 2 - GS212's than 1 - GS412. Easier to move (especially up and down steps), plus if you only need one of the two cabs for a smaller venue, you are set. I can fit the GS212 in my back seat or trunk. It's small for a 2x12 and only 70 lbs plus it comes on castors...

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

I was kind of thinking along those lines also. Now I just need to figure out which brand of cabs to go with.

BTW, nice rig! :)

16. Hey man, what kind of soft rack case is that?? The one I got is crap and I'm looking for something else.

17. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    I tell ya, 1700 for htat rig is a crazy good deal to me.

while the 212 doesnt tickle my taste buds in terms of visual appeal, i am sure it sounds great.

But oh, i jsut may have to buy one of them 112's, those little aggy's jsut look so damn good.

and damnit, i was so set and had my GASing under control! you bastard!

18. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Awesome - how's it sound in the mix?

Good lows I'm sure, but how's the cut?

19. Quadzilla

With a little (not a lot) boost to the mids, she cuts thru just fine!

20. Quadzilla

It's a Gator. Killer bag. Nice big pocket, heavey duty zippers and pulls, padded handles and strap, etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]