1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Muckelroy HMC 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jimboBEADG, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jimboBEADG

jimboBEADG Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Price:
    $2400
    Strings:
    I have my beautiful Muckelroy 34" scale set neck HMC bass for sale. This bass has a 3 piece neck (maple and bloodwood) with a Bolivian rosewood fingerboard. The Swamp ash body is topped with Bolivian rosewood as is the headstock. When I got this from Brady he indicated that it is one of only a few on which he was able to use Rosewood as the top. It's exceptionally beautiful and is in great shape - probably 9.5 out of 10 with no dings or scratches. This bass is active / passive with Nordstrand split j pickups and a Nordstrand 3b preamp. It has new Thomastik-Infeld Flat Wound strings and has great tone. Like all Muckelroys it is a joy to play!

I have three Muckelroys - a 33" five string, a 32" four string, and this 34" four string. I find that I prefer playing the two shorter scale basses and thus despite the beauty of this rosewood topped bass it makes sense to sell it to someone who will use it. I'm asking $2400 but will consider other reasonable offers. Included is the new RBX Reunion Blues gig bag it came in and continental US Fedex shipping. If you have been thinking about a Muckelroy - don't miss this one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    77stingray, marcwhy and nozkcb like this.
  2. Souls930

Souls930

Oct 8, 2017

3. Souls930

Souls930

Oct 8, 2017
    Was thinking of ordering one of these. What is the nut width of this bass? Is the neck closer to a jazz or a P? What is the weight of this bass?

4. jimboBEADG

Sep 29, 2010
    The neck is more of a "J" than a "P" and is 1.5 inches at the nut. When I got this from Brady he said it weighs ~8.5 pounds.

5. Souls930

Souls930

Oct 8, 2017
    How many frets-21 or 24?

6. jimboBEADG

Sep 29, 2010
    24 frets

Also I just sent you a private message

7. Souls930

Souls930

Oct 8, 2017

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  8. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    You may be confusing your models on your resale research. This one is a set neck with a 3 piece neck and a top. The lower resale models are the ones that cost less to begin with - the charger models. They look the same but typically have a one piece neck and solid body wings (no top).

Souls930 likes this.
  9. Souls930

Souls930

Oct 8, 2017
    Appreciate your insight.

10. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Bump for a nice Muck...

11. steve_rolfeca

Bump.

12. I got a Muck 5 back in August..really great basses and a real bargain for, IMO, a Fodera quality instrument. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed..GLWTS.

13. steve_rolfeca

Brady is one of the most creative and attentive luthiers on the current scene. It blows my mind that this bass hasn’t been snapped up yet!