Muddy's Big Rant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, May 28, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    K............................sorry..................rant..................................carrots!.........................(which TBer started the whole carrots thing again?)

1. Kids who come on TB and go "fIeDLy is teh besst basest efer!!!!11!!1!1!1!1!1!!!!1!1!1!!!1!11!!11!!11111"

2. Guitarist who say bass is a 4 string guitar (this one really gets to me; I threw a guitarist over a bench a few days ago.)

3. People who buy large drinks at a place with a drink fountain. How stupid can you be?! Don't you realize that you can get unlimited refills?!

4. People who start rant threads, including me!

5. I forget everything I write!

6. When I write what I am bound to forget, I lose the damn paper!

7. Pop Culture. And I'm not being, "whoa! I am so angst and emo, conformism is bad, man!" It just annoys me, I think some of this stuff is funny or cute. I'm watching some VH1 celebrity feuds thing right now, and it's great. That's entertainment. Tanya Harding fighting RuPaul fighting Larry Flynt fighting Anna Nicole Smith, this is legitamatly entertaining. But things like American Idol, they just play like a broken record over and over and over and over again.

8. That strange headachey feeling I get when I come home from exams. My stupid body thinks I'm sick because I'm home 3 hours early. You stupid me!

9. Naiveness. It's okay from kids, but not from adults who decide that they are too lazy to think things through. People who can only think about what they have been programmed by our dumbed-down watered up society. This one is big for me too.

I'm going to stop here and let the first 9 sink into your heads a little while, my minions.
  2. i can agree with well, all of them. specially number 8. we got to leave right after we finished all our exams so i left like, and hur early so i went home and i felt all sick and i was confused because my shows weren't on.
  3. #3, only some places let you get unlimited refills. Others say one or none. Or make you pay for it.
  4. #9 - I had to break up with a girlfriend once because she was too naive. My options were either to pretend to agree with her clearly deluded ideas about how things work, or to burst her bubble every time she opened her mouth. I chose option 3.

And isn't "pop culture" an oxymoron?

I really hate mosquitos. HATE! HATE! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    If you don't like what is featured on the television, there is one clear choice...

1. I haven't seen any of the Korn Kids lately, so why whine about them
    2. Who cares, violence solved nothing in that situation
    3. When that person leaves the restaurant they have a large cup, while you don't. I have friends who wash their cups from fast food places and reuse them
    4. Hmm
    5. Can't help there
    6. That sucks
    7. Turn it off and throw and watch a dvd
    8. That will get better
    9. Again who cares, if you dislike someone do not associate with them and there will be no problem

Just stop there and keep your problems to yourself, unless you are asking for advice and not just "ranting"
  6. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    10. When someone says "Your a musician? I can "totally" relate, I run a karaoke show ever thursday night at my local bar"
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I can't remember the last time I saw an instance of #1.

You threw someone over a bench regarding #2? You need help dude.

8. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
  9. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I made it sound too dramatic. He was also being a you-know-what. I threw him over one wooden bench onto another one with padding. And also we know each other very well and jam all the time. I threw him over one wooden bench onto another one with a padded cushion. I overdid the statement to make it sound more dramatic.

Here's three more:

9. That embarrassing feeling I get when I do something that I don't know people are going to react to strongly. Like this guitarist thing.

10. People who accuse me of playing guitar.

11. Lethargy. I really want to study right now, but I can't put my mind to it. This one really gets to me.
  10. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Shouldn't they be numbered 10, 11, and 12?? :D

11. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    14. When I get distracted easily and lose count.

12. fIeDLy is teh besst basest efer!!!!11!!1!1!1!1!1!!!!1!1!1!!!1!11!!11!!11111

13. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    No, 9 comes twice because I can make it. And because I can.

So here we go again:

1. When I get distracted easily and lose count.

i3. When I look stupid when I don't want to look stupid.

e. When I want to look stupid, and people take pity on me.

9. When my rant thread is not super-bumped and I am no longer the center of attention.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You do play a guitar. A bass guitar. Get over it.
  15. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA

17. Embellisher

18. The fact that Embellisher is somehow always right
  16. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Well if its just playing a guitar based bass that bugs you, there are options; like upright basses and eubs, then you'll get, "gee that's some big fiddle". :p :D :smug: :) :bag: