Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mudvayne - Live In Peoria DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dudemeister, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Has anyone seen it? Is it worth buying?
    I found a review on DVD Reviewer and the Reviewer hated it (and Mudvaynes music to...).

What do you say?

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yesh.....worth it. it kicks arse! i think, anyway. i dig mudvayne *pun intended*

3. The DVD reviewer complained over grainy image. Is he exaggerating?

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    grainy image? well, i'm really no dvd buff, but the image looked pretty clear to me. bear in mind that the concert footage is live---not computer generated, and also recorded in a hotel, a restaurant, on the road, and in a second-hand hubcap dealership. not exactly the conditions one would record a feature presentation in...see what i mean? critics generally suck anyway. the band sounds great...and that's all that matters to me. i don't know about grainy, but it looked good to me.

5. Thanks alot!
    I'm also a fan of the band, and I've seen them live once in Stockholm. I won't likely be seeing them for a while so i'll buy the DVD instead.

Next problem: Finding the bloody thing! No stores here seem to have it in stock.:(

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    when you find it...get the dig dvd as well...really cool.

7. Okelidokeli.

What's on the Dig DVD?

8. alot of stuff about the video shows the bass player cleaning his warwick.alot of cool stuff.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    does not....it shows the bass tech waxing his warwick...ryan was opening new cd's ;) it has the video...then it shows the whole video for each band member by themself...ryan martinie for the whole song...oh yeah :D and the making of the video. pretty neato

10. o yeah havnt seen it in awhile cant find it ,i rember the making i never went in to detail with all the angles.i know this is off topic does any one know were a good 4 string tAB for dig is.

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    sorry, man....i don't think there are any good tabs for dig. it's an easy song to figure out, though

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's Good!!! Live in Peoria. Funny name, Peoria. Peeeee O Riiii a.

13. iam slihtly tone def and its very hard for me to figure out any songs.i have only figured out 1 song and it was a zombie song.cant rember the name but the mainpart is like whos your daddy is he rich like me. any one who can help me out on the tab for digs would be great.i know he plays it on a 4 string cause that what he did 3 out 4 times i saw them.

14. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I havent been able to find it anywhere...hmm maybe if I could download it from someone/somewhere...;) :D

PM me...

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Agree old skool, I cant find unless I special order it. Im not much of an Mp3 leecher as much as I am a video, bootleg'r.

Give me a heads up

16. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    wow...i got both dvd's from sam goody...goody got it :D

17. Try searching the Internet. You should find tons of stores online that may carry it, such as Amazon.com. Good luck.

18. MrBungle3

MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    Dallas
    the dvd live video of mudvayne almost completely ruined my whole appeal for the band. Ryan is such an incredible bass player--mad tones--unique attack at the bass ect. But in the dvd chad (the singer) was so terrible. Mudvayne is completely a studio band-all of their heavy parts sound weak live, the bass isn't as thick and textured (as it is in the cd) and the singing is off. I now know why they paint their faces and stuff...to create some sort of live appeal, because their sound live is completely sub-par to the cd. Stay with the cd i say, unless you watch the video with the sole purpose of watching ryan and the drummer (the only members that make mudvayne worth a hype).

19. Some people (that have seen Mudvayne live) would disagree with you...I've heard a lot of happy tales about Mudvayne's live performance. Maybe you caught them at a bad day, or the video was bad quality? I for one, have not been to a Mudvayne show, so I can't really have an opinion. All I can do is introduce the possibility of others' ;)

20. MrBungle3

MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    Dallas
    Well, I have seen mudvayne 3 times live...and its not too bad...everything is loud and you cant really tell in the audience if the singing is on or off. But the dvd sound is being run in directly as well as live...so the singing is alot more audible. I guess you have to check it out for yourself to hear it.