Mudvayne - Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Alright, who's got it?

This disc IMO is much better than "End of all things...". It just get's better every time I hear it. My two favorite tunes are track 4 "IMN", and track 7 "Choices". A must have for any Mudvayne fan!
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    After previewing it, I went out and bought it today. Great album, possible the best yet. I almost forgot, you can flip the cd over, it's a DVD on the other side, it has some studio footage and the two video's they have for the new disc on it. ....Worth it just to see Ryan's fingerstyle.
  3. I've heard it, I like some songs, but I won't be buying the album
  4. I slightly prefer "End of all Things to Come", but I bought "Lost and Found" on Tuesday, and am loving it. Mudvayne is such a great band with one of the most amazing rhythm sections in metal (I like the drums as much or maybe more than the bass, which is saying a lot!). Great album, but all of theirs are great.
  5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree, great drummer. Smart guy too, --he called in to a local radio station, and intellectually shredded the local dj. Re: censorship. The dj was so obtuse (example: only the government can censor anything) he did not realize he'd been destroyed. Good stuff.
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I picked this and Marcus' new release yesterday. Great CD, it seems. I gave it a listen-to as soon as I could. All in all, a great day for buying CDs! Now, if only I could've taken home Vic's Soul Circus and the Miles Davis Quintet 1965-1968, it would've been the perfect day.
  7. lost and found i listened to and i was thinking, "hey they are going slightly death metal." is this like the rest of the album too? i didn't really buy anything of theirs after ld50, but martinie never siezes to amaze me. it's just their vocalist sounds like a squealing pig
  8. I listened to the album; while it is probably nicely done, it just isn't my kind of thing. Most of the songs just sound the same to me. Then again, I'm not a fan..
  9. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Excellent band, great players, great album...looking forward to seeing them at Ozzfest.
  10. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I felt a spark in it, the new album, a hope that they might be returning to "catchier" songwriting like on LD50(end of all things had a couple songs I liked, but overall I felt let down after getting myself all hyped up about it).

I can't say I like it better than LD50, but I think it's a least getting better, and maybe it'll grow on me. No denying Ryan is a good bassist, better than the large majority of "musicians" that currently get airplay, but I'm hoping the songwriting will be there to back it up(they sometimes seem a little too sterile for my tastes, not always the most colorful, at least not the more recent material).

I guess that is all, it's all subjective. :smug:
  11. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I'm digging it so far (pardon the pun). Favorite tracks are currently "Choices" and "All That You Are". The latter is really amazing - gave me goosebumps. "Rain. Sun. Gone." isn't bad either.

and "Fall Into Sleep" and "Happy?" and. . .

These guys are plugged in to something.
  12. conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    ryan and matt are a great rhythm section, i cant think of a rhythm section better in metal.

I love the bit that ryan does in 'Rain, Sun, Gone' at the 2.30 (it goes really slow and soft and the bass is just awsome :hyper:

PS. anyone have the tab for that song..or just that part?
  13. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Has the world gone mad?! This album sucks massive nuts! Everyone's raving about it. I must be missing something. IT. SUCKS. Aside from the ridiculous faux-metal-pop songs (what the hell is with this 'TV/Radio' and 'Happy?' crap!) the lyrics and themes have just become so inane I want to vomit intravenously. URGH. What happened to the intensely conceptual and inventive band that I used to enjoy? Whyyyyy... :bawl:
  14. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    So........ you don't like it then?
  15. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    It is growing on me. Certainly not crap. Different yes, but god forbid a band does something different than they have in the past. They did seem to pull a few punches here and there but thats just me. I think the end LD50 will always get my spins in my player. Though I could be wrong, many times I am luke warm about an album and then I end up loving it, this album smacks a little too much of "trying to hard" syndrome. I happen to really like "Happy" and "Fall into Sleep" as well.
  16. i think this is the first catchy album they made that puts the glue to everything else, cuz i felt that it was one of the most expressive and full feeling albums i got in a long time
  17. I wonder if he wrote the lyrics for "Silenced" or if they all woulda done the same.

I went and bought the album a couple days after it came out. Admittedly, I got it like 3 weeks before it came out because it was leaked, but I loved it so much I went out and bought it. IMO, it's nothing like the other stuff they have done. It's a great album like L.D.50, but in different ways. For one, Ryan's playing isn't as much "out there" on L&F like on LD50 and Greg's guitar playing and Chad's singing has improved dramatically and I'm loving it; It was the first thing I noticed when listening to it, but don't get me wrong, Ryan's playing is still amazing on it, he just takes more of a bassists role on this album unlike LD50 where, IMO, he had somewhat more of a lead role.

The other thing about this album that I love is that its "All Killer, No Filler." Every track is awesome! They don't let up at all. My favorite(s) so far are....all of em. I can't decide. I listen to this album atleast once every day minimum.
  18. yea, cuz sum 41's first album is only like 10-15 mins long. I dunno, i think Martinie's always been collected it's just he's decided to fit into a spot a bit more. usually the sounds that he made were almost along the same role as the drums. the guitar i think made some realizations about what notes when strummed would stick out more. the vocalist doesn't sound like he's being raped anymore, that's a new one for me
  19. I wasn't referring to Sum41 in any way, shape or form with that comment. It's just a figure of speech.
  20. oh
    that was the name of their first album